Main Menu

Rodney Eade to sign as Coach

Started by nrich102, October 27, 2014, 09:07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrich102

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-premiership/rodney-eade-is-on-the-verge-of-returning-to-senior-coaching-with-the-gold-coast-suns/story-e6frf3e3-1227104016429

GOLD Coast could unveil Rodney Eade as senior coach as early as Tuesday after the Suns identified him to lead them into premiership contention.

Eade did not formally apply for the role but Gold Coast headhunted the former Western Bulldogs and Sydney coach.

The panel formed to select Guy McKenna

Grazz

Beat me to it mate. Reckon he'd be a good fit for GC.

JBs-Hawks

Not a fan of this move. How many flags has he won in how many years coaching?

Grazz

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 27, 2014, 09:09:24 PM

Who else other than Bomber are you going to get at this stage mate. I hope they did give Bomber a phone call, surely they would of.

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Grazz on October 27, 2014, 09:15:20 PM

Who else other than Bomber are you going to get at this stage mate. I hope they did give Bomber a phone call, surely they would of.

Would of gone an untried one with an experienced overseer if i couldnt get bomber.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 27, 2014, 09:18:14 PM

Would of gone an untried one with an experienced overseer if i couldnt get bomber.

Bolton  ;)

Ringo

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-27/rodney-eade

Would say it is highly likely that this may be the case but article doing best to deny it is formality,

"However it is understood he is yet to formally commit to the Suns' top job.
A Suns spokesman told AFL.com.au on Monday night the club was yet to make its appointment."

Nige

They said they were pretty committed to getting somebody in with head coaching experience, but I'm surprised they didn't go down the path you've suggested.

kilbluff1985

sportsbet have removed the market lol Eade was @1.33 earlier

Grazz

Yeh fair comment.

tor01doc

He had such a short stride didn't he?

Ricochet

Sounds like he has accepted the offer

Vinny

Ricochet

Sam McClure reporting that the Pies want 400k from Suns for Rocket as he still has one year left on his contract.