Main Menu

Gazza on track.

Started by Grazz, October 27, 2014, 08:17:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grazz

http://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/news/2014-10-27/gaz-on-track-for-preseason

Good news for GC and to all of us that start the Fantasy season with the little master in our mids year in year out.  :)

Ringo

http://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/news/2014-11-12/ablett-marks-early-return

Ablett has returned to training 5 days earlier than expected and remains on track.  Interesting though footage shows heavy support of shoulder, Great to see him running though,

Ringo

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-11-17/ablett-to-get-better

Information from the article on Gazza - Actual News footage up here shows him still favouring the left shoulder.

"Gary's running, but he's a bit stiff in the shoulder, he's just being over cautious with that at the moment, but he's done some ball work and his running is OK," Eade said.

"I imagine he'd be joining back with the main group within the next week or two. There'll be no problems with him."

Capper

Surprised they just dont have him running with maybe a bit of ball work. wouldnt have thought he would be joining the main group till next year

Grazz

Quote from: Ringo on November 17, 2014, 04:19:15 PM
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-11-17/ablett-to-get-better

Information from the article on Gazza - Actual News footage up here shows him still favouring the left shoulder.

"Gary's running, but he's a bit stiff in the shoulder, he's just being over cautious with that at the moment, but he's done some ball work and his running is OK," Eade said.

"I imagine he'd be joining back with the main group within the next week or two. There'll be no problems with him."
He did look like he was certainly favouring it mate or at the very least protecting it.

Quote from: tabs on November 17, 2014, 05:06:49 PM
Surprised they just dont have him running with maybe a bit of ball work. wouldnt have thought he would be joining the main group till next year

Yeh im a bit surprised to mate, although from the look of him he wouldn't be involved in anything to risky but yeh bit of a surprise.

Ricochet

I'd imagine he won't be doing full on contract, more just joining in on the skill and structure drills

Grazz

Quote from: Ricochet on November 18, 2014, 09:38:18 AM
I'd imagine he won't be doing full on contract, more just joining in on the skill and structure drills

Yeh agree. Having had 3 shoulder surgeries and looking at Gazza id say he's still a month away atleast from doing anything to physical demanding with it.

Ricochet

Quote from: Grazz on November 18, 2014, 01:56:39 PM

Yeh agree. Having had 3 shoulder surgeries and looking at Gazza id say he's still a month away atleast from doing anything to physical demanding with it.
Yep also had the same op mate. You can do quite a bit from early on. Its just the contact stuff they have to be cautious with

Grazz

Quote from: Ricochet on November 18, 2014, 02:01:32 PM

Yep also had the same op mate. You can do quite a bit from early on. Its just the contact stuff they have to be cautious with

Welcome to the club mate, shoulder recons are'nt fun let alone the rehab but yeh as you say there is a ton of stuff he can do without risk to the shoulder.

Ricochet

Quote from: Grazz on November 18, 2014, 02:11:58 PM

Welcome to the club mate, shoulder recons are'nt fun let alone the rehab but yeh as you say there is a ton of stuff he can do without risk to the shoulder.
You're not wrong, I've been through it bloody twice

Grazz

Quote from: Ricochet on November 18, 2014, 02:14:40 PM

One on the left two on the right. Physio is a killer. Always freaked out by athletes/sportsman that get back in a few months. Make's me feel like a bit of a wimp lol.

Ricochet

Quote from: Grazz on November 18, 2014, 02:27:35 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on November 18, 2014, 02:14:40 PM

One on the left two on the right. Physio is a killer. Always freaked out by athletes/sportsman that get back in a few months. Make's me feel like a bit of a wimp lol.
Haha yeh tell me about it. First one I was probably overly cautious, second one kinda new how hard I could push it. Haven't had any problems, touch wood. Don't even strap them for games anymore

Grazz

Thats great mate, happy for you. My left is pretty good but my right is pretty much flowerd. A decent bump would see me in a lot of trouble. :(

Ricochet

Quote from: Grazz on November 18, 2014, 02:44:23 PM
Thats great mate, happy for you. My left is pretty good but my right is pretty much flowerd. A decent bump would see me in a lot of trouble. :(
Really? thats the one they had to go back in? That sucks man

GoLions

Quote from: Grazz on November 18, 2014, 02:44:23 PM
A decent jellyfish would see you in a bit of trouble too I hear ;)