Reserves Team Names

Started by ossie85, October 17, 2014, 10:57:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

My Chumps

Get around the Durban Pirates! Hope we can relive the highs of 2013's reserves premiership  8)

Purple 77

Was thinking, seeing as Rio and Christchurch haven't modified their reserve team names (don't have to), that their reserve teams could be Sao Paulo Pumas and Wellington Warriors (or even Weta? Original coaches should recognise  :P) respectively? Thoughts Levi and meow?

meow meow

Quote from: Purple 77 on March 10, 2015, 05:40:32 PM
Was thinking, seeing as Rio and Christchurch haven't modified their reserve team names (don't have to), that their reserve teams could be Sao Paulo Pumas and Wellington Warriors (or even Weta? Original coaches should recognise  :P) respectively? Thoughts Levi and meow?

I think the Weta definitely deserve a nod in recognition of the outstanding contributions made to the WXV. I'll go with Wellington Weta or Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakitanatahu Hill Weta. Yes, that is an actual place.

I didn't want Christchurch to be called the Saints since it's boring, but NZ isn't know for much other than sheep fornication, LOTR, bungee jumping and a bunch of obscure animals so I guess the Saints we shall be. The Christchurch Earthquakes is probably a touch insensitive.

Purple 77

Quote from: meow meow on March 10, 2015, 06:27:49 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on March 10, 2015, 05:40:32 PM

I think the Weta definitely deserve a nod in recognition of the outstanding contributions made to the WXV. I'll go with Wellington Weta or Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakitanatahu Hill Weta. Yes, that is an actual place.

I didn't want Christchurch to be called the Saints since it's boring, but NZ isn't know for much other than sheep fornication, LOTR, bungee jumping and a bunch of obscure animals so I guess the Saints we shall be. The Christchurch Earthquakes is probably a touch insensitive.

Haha good stuff meow, I personally loved the Weta, was a little disheartened pothead chose Warriors, so will be great to see them back in action  8)