Main Menu

Swans Best Team 2015

Started by Capper, October 15, 2014, 05:27:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SydneyRox

Quote from: tabs on October 23, 2014, 04:41:57 PM
Do we expect goodes to play every game next year??

I wouldnt.

Neither would I think Richards, Tippett or pyke to play 20 games. We need to get a little smarter on the rotations like Hawks and Cats have been over the last few years.

Capper

Quote from: SydneyRox on October 23, 2014, 05:24:45 PM
Quote from: tabs on October 23, 2014, 04:41:57 PM
Do we expect goodes to play every game next year??

I wouldnt.

Neither would I think Richards, Tippett or pyke to play 20 games. We need to get a little smarter on the rotations like Hawks and Cats have been over the last few years.
X to come in for Teddles
Towers for Goodes/Tippett/Buddy and Reid plays 2nd tall forward
Rucks will rotate for Pyke

SydneyRox

agreed, plus hope we also rotate guys like Jones, Heeney, Mitchell and Robinson through to get some games into them. I would also like to see how AA goes.

Mailman the 2nd

Jones looks more like a medium defender to me, really scrappy type that tackles a lot.

elephants

Quote from: SydneyRox on October 23, 2014, 01:12:38 PM
Quote from: noto07 on October 23, 2014, 12:54:26 PM
So basically just the gf side for next year. Plus in Mitchell and out malceski. Another top 2 for you this year again!

i am not sure they will run so simplistic, i fully expect a structure change, which may mean mitchell continues to miss out unless players in his role like JPK, parker, mcglynn(sort of) are injured.

Surely just McVeigh to hb to cover Eski and Mitchell into the middle. Ideally anyway.

Best team all season imo, no need to change much.

Capper

Quote from: elephants on October 23, 2014, 07:05:27 PM
So basically just the gf side for next year. Plus in Mitchell and out malceski. Another top 2 for you this year again!

i am not sure they will run so simplistic, i fully expect a structure change, which may mean mitchell continues to miss out unless players in his role like JPK, parker, mcglynn(sort of) are injured.

Surely just McVeigh to hb to cover Eski and Mitchell into the middle. Ideally anyway.

Not sure what the others think but i would prefer another tall down there.

You arent softening are you Le?

Capper

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on October 23, 2014, 07:01:33 PM
Jones looks more like a medium defender to me, really scrappy type that tackles a lot.
similar to Macca i would say. Can play back but also run around in the middle

Mr.Craig

Capper

Quote from: Mr.Craig on October 24, 2014, 04:18:01 PM
Interesting article on Alex Johnson from last month.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/pain-not-just-on-the-field-on-grand-final-day-20140925-10m46o.html
Yeah i read a similar article saying the infection hasnt gone away. Didnt know he had a bottle with him though

elephants

Quote from: tabs on October 24, 2014, 04:07:37 PM
Quote from: elephants on October 23, 2014, 07:05:27 PM

Not sure what the others think but i would prefer another tall down there.

You arent softening are you Le?

Man-crush central on your midfield. I just cant help it :P

SydneyRox

SYDNEY - BEST 22 - FROM HERALD SUN

B: Nick Smith, Ted Richards, Dane Rampe

HB: Jarrad McVeigh, Heath Grundy, Gary Rohan

C: Kieren Jack, Luke Parker, Craig Bird

HF: Adam Goodes, Sam Reid, Lewis Jetta

F: Lance Franklin, Kurt Tippett, Ben McGlynn

FOLL: Mike Pyke, Josh Kennedy, Dan Hannebery

I/C: Rhyce Shaw, Tom Mitchell, Harry Cunningham, Jake Lloyd

Not picked: Isaac Heeney, Brandon Jack, Zak Jones

Gary Rohan takes Nick Malceski’s spot at half-back, creating a vacancy for Tom Mitchell who will surely get more chances this year. Heeney will push for games early.

SydneyRox

Nothing there that screams out to me as being wrong, all the early press is Rohan/Heeney running off half back.

Most of the rest of the team picks itself.

No 2nd ruckman when we ran with Derrickx for most of last season might be the only thing I would suggest might be wrong, or they may run with a combination of Reid and Tippett helping Pyke.

Mitchell must play this year, barring injury I think he will be a standout.

kilbluff1985

assume the vest goes to new players that may come in for injury or whatever

SydneyRox

I for one will be hoping we rotate some of the new guys in a little as well, giving goodes, richards, shaw a break.

Injuries will be the big thing, but if we can selectively gets games into guys like Jones, Heeney, X.Richards and B.Jack we will be setting ourselves up for many years to come.

Capper

Quote from: SydneyRox on January 23, 2015, 04:54:35 PM
I for one will be hoping we rotate some of the new guys in a little as well, giving goodes, richards, shaw a break.

Injuries will be the big thing, but if we can selectively gets games into guys like Jones, Heeney, X.Richards and B.Jack we will be setting ourselves up for many years to come.
Shaw may be on the outer this year. heeney, titch, Lloyd, BJack, Robo would be all great picks as the green vest. dont see Shaw getting the green vest but maybe the red one