Main Menu

Voss joins Power

Started by KoopKicka, October 14, 2014, 12:40:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KoopKicka

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2014-10-14/voss-joins-power-as-midfield-manager

THE Port Adelaide Football Club is delighted to announce former Brisbane champion Michael Voss has committed to the role as midfield manager under a multi-year deal.

Voss, who was senior coach of the Brisbane Lions from 2009 to 2013, fills the position recently vacated by Phil Walsh.

Port Adelaide chief executive Keith Thomas says the club is thrilled to secure the services of the triple premiership captain.

"To have a person of the calibre of Michael Voss join the Port Adelaide Football Club is very exciting for all involved," said Mr Thomas.

ADEZ

Just bet me to it ::)
Great replacement

Ringo

Great replacement for you guys and he has the experience to pass on.  Was a lousy coach though but should be great as a mid field manager for you. Burgess Voss and Wagner from the recruit re-uniting at Port.

Mr.Craig

Will be interesting to see what he brings to the table.

elephants

Yoey-Vossy love affair to continue? :P

TomK

Voss is now Polec's line manger :P

KoopKicka

Quote from: TomK on October 14, 2014, 01:48:31 PM

Yeah Im confused, didnt Polec want to move away from Voss?

powersuperkents

YES!!!!!  ;D

Walsh & the Crows can suck it  :P

Ringo

Quote from: KoopKicka on October 14, 2014, 02:05:25 PM

Yep he kept preferring spud Polkinghorne to Polec and one of the reasons why he left. So will be an interesting working arrangement but Voss will not have final say.  Could be beneficial to polec though with Voss only concentrating on the midfield and Polec could learn from Voss if past put aside from both parties.

powersuperkents

Quote from: Ringo on October 14, 2014, 02:15:12 PM
Quote from: KoopKicka on October 14, 2014, 02:05:25 PM

Yep he kept preferring spud Polkinghorne to Polec and one of the reasons why he left. So will be an interesting working arrangement but Voss will not have final say.  Could be beneficial to polec though with Voss only concentrating on the midfield and Polec could learn from Voss if past put aside from both parties.
Also at the time Polec's only real credentials was the fact he was the no. 5 pick. I think after this season he's proven to the comp. that he is starting 22 material in any side. I can't see him being overlooked and I think Voss had to have selected him with pick 5 for a reason, Polec just couldn't achieve it in the Lions because at the time he was too young and the fact he wasn't getting enough opportunities -because of his age, prevented his body from becoming acclimated to the strength of AFL level football and was the reason he was constantly injured. Hinkley, however, threw him straight into the game and we saw him flourish & become less injury prone. I think now he's become the player Voss expected him to be.  :)