Main Menu

Current 2015 squad ~ Best 22

Started by ADEZ, October 12, 2014, 03:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ADEZ

Thought I might generate some discussion after a bit of a stalemate on the board...

Defenders:
Locks: Carlile (28), Trengove (24), Broadbent (24), Pittard (23), Jonas (23), Hombsch (21)
Fringe: O'Shae (22), Impey (19)
Depth: Clurey (20), Colquhoun (19), Bryne-Jones (19), Austin (19)
Rookie: Logan (29), Flynn (20), Russell (18)

- Very contempt with our current backline and how it is shaping, hopefully see Clurey and Colquhoun gain a little more AFL exposure when possible in 2015. Youngtser Austin seen as defender but Parker has stated "He's played forward and back during the year, but we see him as a key forward who can go in the ruck and provide relief in the ruck", Westhoff 2.0 anybody?

Midfielders:
Locks: Cornes (31), White (27), Boak (26), Ebert (24), HH (24), Polec (22), Wines (20)
Fringe: Mitchell  (24), Moore (23), Young (21)
Depth: Amon (19), Ah Chee (20)
Rookie:  Gray (22)

- Not much more too say, our mids bat pretty deep with Wingard and Gray rotating through as well. Good competition for spots from Mitchell, Moore, and Young.

Forwards:
Locks: Shulz (29), Westhoff (28), Gus (27), Gray (26), Wingard (21)
Fringe: Neade (20)
Depth: Stewart (27), Butcher (23), Shaw (20), Harvey (19), Howard (18), Palmer (18)
Rookie: Wagner (24)

- With Ryder (if we get him) posted down there for the majority of the time, freeing up Hoff to roam, it looks pretty potent but a few injuries to some key players will put us on shakey ground. Hopefully Shaw and Harvey can continue to mature to take the mantle from Shulz when the time comes. A couple real live wires in Boss and Neade will torment teams for the next decade. A couple more project players in Howard and Palmer. Let's hope Burgess turns Palmer's weakness (endurance) into his strength.

Rucks:
Locks: Ryder (26), Lobbe (25)
Fringe: Redden (23)
Depth: Frampton (18)

- Will have arguably the best ruck combination if we get Ryder. Have serious depth issues in the ruck department with Redden injured more often than not and Harvey the only other capable player. If Ryder falls through I expect we will get at least one of Gorringe/Giles. May even get Gorringe with Ryder. Frampton looks a good project player and seems solid across the ground as well.

2014 Draft picks: 
56. Dougal Howard (Murray U18)
78. Jesse Palmer (North Ballarat U18)
69. Logan Austin (Belconnen ACT)
84. Billy Frampton (South Fremantle)

Best 22:

FB:       Jonas         Carlile         Hombsch
HB:      Pittard      Trengove      Broadbent   
C:        Hartlett       Wines         White
HF:      Monfries    Westhoff       Gray
FF:       Wingard      Schulz        Ryder
FO:      Lobbe          Boak          Cornes

INt:     Ebert    Polec    O'Shae/Neade/Impey/Moore

So what do people think of our prospects in 2015 and beyond, any changes you would make? Admittedly, don't have the best knowledge of the young lads as I live in QLD and can't make matches and there's zero PAFC coverage here

* WILL UPDATE POST AS NEWS COME IN

_wato

Think you're pretty spot on with that team - I'd just follow a different structure to what you proposed.

FB: Jonas, Carlile, Hombsch
HB: Pittard, Trengove, Broadbent
C: Hartlett, Boak, Polec
HF: Monfries, Westhoff, Gray
FF: Wingard, Schulz, Ryder
R: Lobbe, Wines, Ebert
Int: Cornes, Neade, White, Moore

tbagrocks

People rat on about the Hawks and Swans forward lines, well just have a look at the Power, that's before Ryder even comes

Noz

Yeah good work fellas reckon both of you are pretty spot on there.

We won't be offering Logan a new contract so he won't be apart of next season. Whilst Kane Mitchell may not retain his spot on the list so I would move him down to the Depth section for now, Newton can take his spot in the Fringe section.

Clurey had quite a poor end to the season last year in the SANFL.

Mason Shaw is ahead of Mitch Harvey in the pecking order for now

KoopKicka

Surely Moore is due for an extended run in the best 22 now? Served his time as the sub, and is a #9 pick for a reason.

Noz

Pretty hard 22 to break into though, Deserves it but gee we have some depth now.

ADEZ

Yeah I reckon our best 20 is locked in with 4 or 5 fighting for those last spots...

Hopefully Logan can find a new home and do a Thomas

Dudge

Quote from: ADEZ on October 13, 2014, 07:13:10 PM
Yeah I reckon our best 20 is locked in with 4 or 5 fighting for those last spots...

Hopefully Logan can find a new home and do a Thomas

I like Tee -Shirt Tommy :(, hurt many of opposition players  ;D

tbagrocks

Just look at the Langfords, Schoemakers, Tommy Mitchells ect

Good players can find it hard to get games in GF teams, but they can like Langford, get their opportunity to gun it also. But the depth is the key to success

powersuperkents

Quote from: _wato on October 12, 2014, 11:56:30 PM
Think you're pretty spot on with that team - I'd just follow a different structure to what you proposed.

FB: Jonas, Carlile, Hombsch
HB: Pittard, Trengove, Broadbent
C: Hartlett, Boak, Polec
HF: Monfries, Westhoff, Gray
FF: Wingard, Schulz, Ryder
R: Lobbe, Wines, Ebert
Int: Cornes, Neade, White, Moore
I think they are both incredibly close - maybe just one player off. But I'm siding with this line-up because I can't see Schulz leaving full forward  :)

I think Ryder will most likely be in the forward pocket, & Polec should replace Cornes as a starter next season. I could see White starting. However, the problem with predicting the Port line-up is that it changes almost every week - which is a good thing.  :)

ADEZ

Have updated the list with after recent news, disappointing to see Newton turn his back but happy Logan get's to stick around for a bit longer
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-24/ports-cuts-trio-from-list

ADEZ