Main Menu

Meet the new kids on the block

Started by Capper, October 10, 2014, 05:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capper

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2014-10-06/new-kids-on-the-block

The Sydney Swans have secured the next crop of local talent, with NSW products Isaac Heeney, Jack Hiscox and Abaina Davis all set to line up in the red and white in 2015.

The trio, who were selected by the Swans in Monday morning

Mr.Craig

It was a really good batch of NSW kids this year. Hoping that Callum Mills finds a home somewhere. Averaged a lazy 132.3 DT in his six TAC games for the season.

SydneyRox

I am worried about Mills and whether he will play for the Swans.

If Heeney was the tipping point this year as a top 5 player we get for 18, the general consensus is that Mills is the clear #1 pick for next year. How much more noise is that going to cause??

Losing Mills and not being able to trade players next year will set us back a long way.

Toga

Good crop for you lot. Sounds like there's some gems coming through next year in Mills and Dunkley, so will be interesting to see what the AFL's position regarding zone selections will be

Mr.Craig

Quote from: SydneyRox on October 10, 2014, 06:00:29 PM

If Heeney was the tipping point this year as a top 5 player we get for 18, the general consensus is that Mills is the clear #1 pick for next year. How much more noise is that going to cause??

Losing Mills and not being able to trade players next year will set us back a long way.

I reckon the Sydney midfield might do okay even without him... ;)

Let someone else develop him for a couple of years and then steal him back. Works for certain other teams that will remain unnamed.

Mailman the 2nd

While Davis said that he predominately played forward, I wouldn't be suprised to see Sydney try to push him as a backman straight away but I couldn't see him play next year at all.

Heeney and Hiscox join the line of midfielders searching for a round 1 spot. Should create some strong competition for next year

Capper

Capper

The Sydney Swans have secured the next crop of local talent, with NSW products Isaac Heeney, Jack Hiscox and Abaina Davis all set to line up in the red and white in 2015.

The trio, who were selected by the Swans in Monday morning's Academy bidding meeting, have all been members of the QBE Sydney Swans Academy over the last four years, and will now get their chance to pursue their AFL careers with the Swans.

Issac Heeney

Jack Hiscox

Abaina "Abe" Davis

Capper

Quote from: Mr.Craig on October 10, 2014, 06:06:17 PM

I reckon the Sydney midfield might do okay even without him... ;)

Let someone else develop him for a couple of years and then steal him back. Works for certain other teams that will remain unnamed.
and they only cost us picks 39, 46 and 70

Capper

Mills and Dunkley will be the first 2 picks for the Swans next year from what I hear. Wait and see unfortunately

Capper

QuoteSwans' academy midfielder Callum Mills is rated one of the best 17-year-olds in the country and is a top 2015 draft prospect

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2014-07-24/swans-set-for-another-draft-heist

So we should be ok to get Mills and Dunkley in next years draft

SydneyRox

Quote from: tabs on October 11, 2014, 12:57:48 AM

Mills and Dunkley will be the first 2 picks for the Swans next year from what I hear. Wait and see unfortunately

unless the afl change the rules again. and fyi, there has been talk dunkley could be worth a rnd 1, which if someone bids means we miss out on one

kilbluff1985

Quote from: SydneyRox on October 11, 2014, 10:07:22 AM
Quote from: tabs on October 11, 2014, 12:57:48 AM

unless the afl change the rules again. and fyi, there has been talk dunkley could be worth a rnd 1, which if someone bids means we miss out on one

if both players get round 1 bids from other clubs you get 1 with your 1st rounder and the other with your 2nd rounder

SydneyRox

i didnt think that was how it worked

Ziplock

Quote from: SydneyRox on October 11, 2014, 10:10:53 AM
i didnt think that was how it worked
I'm pretty positive that's how it works.