2020 Change in rules to be voted on.

Started by Ringo, December 03, 2019, 06:22:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

With the AFL Lists mooted to be 38 plus 4 rookies and 2 Cat B rookies what should our list sizes be.

Open to debate and my opinion is 42 or 43, Some discussion and have a vote on options next week.

Will also need to review number of draft rounds when finalised.

Ringo

Further to the above and with 3 periods for clubs to draft undrafted players may need to factor this is in as well as clubs to work the system may not draft full number initially.

So a further discussion also on this maybe clubs can select up to maximinum numbers but may elect to waiver one less subject to a mid season draft based on ladder finishing positions.  Only my suggestion and open to discussion given what the AFL are doing.

SilverLion

42 sounds good.

Can always amend later pending what happens with the AFL lists.

Ringo

Do we need a vote on list sizes?   We voted to reduce lists to 46 but with the AFL reducing by 2 do we automatically reduce to 44.

Reducing to 44 means a minimum delisting of 4 players to reduce lists to 44 from current lists of 48 players.

Comments.

GoLions

SilverLion

Since the AFL is cutting it by 2, us doing the same thing down from 46 to 44 makes sense to me.

Rids

My 2 cents - no need for a vote. Just keep it consistent with the decision by the AFL and keep the list sizes to 44.