Main Menu

FF redesign, restart of the blog (and new logo!)

Started by m0nty, October 09, 2014, 09:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m0nty

I figured out how to make the widget headings into links.  8)

Mr.Craig

Surely we won't have the team picker until after the drafts? No point in throwing up something half finished.

m0nty

Quote from: Spinking on October 09, 2014, 09:48:37 PM
Like it m0nty. Particularly drawing attention to the forum and XV games from the main page. Loved your suggestion about using some of the forum users to contribute to the main page. We have some fantastic footy brains on here!

Layout looks perfect to view on mobile devices or tablets, but seems to position itself poorly on my iPad (huge strips of blue up each side and the actual page very small and needs to be zoomed into). Possibly just my device but thought I'd put it here in case anyone else finding the same thing

Yeah, one attraction of the new layout was how it was responsive to different device widths. Still needs some tweaking, evidently - I see the problem, caused by the ad boxes. Hmm. Thanks for the heads up.

GoLions

m0nty

Quote from: Mr.Craig on October 09, 2014, 09:50:53 PM
Surely we won't have the team picker until after the drafts? No point in throwing up something half finished.

Traditionally I have the Fanplanner up pre-drafts including a large pool of likely draftees, and make some educated guesses about the first round order to generate price premiums.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Mr.Craig on October 09, 2014, 09:50:53 PM

We have had it prior to drafts before potential draftees are listed but no team yet

Mr.Craig

But then I pick Chris Cain and he doesn't get drafted.  :'(

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Mr.Craig on October 09, 2014, 09:53:58 PM

So you pick somebody else lol

m0nty

Oh, another thing I forgot to mention was the new half-darkened box next to the logo with forum links. Is there any other forum link you guys would like to see there?

Nige

Quote from: Mr.Craig on October 09, 2014, 09:53:58 PM
I know the feels.

I'm ready to pick Matt Panos but I'm worried.  :(

Mr.Craig

Anywayyy, glad to see you around doing your thing m0nty. Trying my best to create some content here or there. If you ever need a guest blogger I'd be one to put my hand up.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: m0nty on October 09, 2014, 09:58:50 PM
Oh, another thing I forgot to mention was the new half-darkened box next to the logo with forum links. Is there any other forum link you guys would like to see there?

Matchday Discussion forum and links to the SC and DTfantasy profiles would need2 links one for each comp

m0nty

Quote from: Whipped on October 09, 2014, 10:03:09 PM
Quote from: m0nty on October 09, 2014, 09:58:50 PM

Matchday Discussion forum and links to the SC and DTfantasy profiles would need2 links one for each comp

Links to individual boards are in the dropdown. I was thinking more along the lines of personal favourite pages you keep going back to that aren't boards.

m0nty

I should note that I will endeavour to include links to the Matchday forum threads for each game on the front page scoreboard thingy.

LF

Quote from: m0nty on October 09, 2014, 11:00:09 PM
I should note that I will endeavour to include links to the Matchday forum threads for each game on the front page scoreboard thingy.

That would be great especially for those wanting SC scores