Communist AFL Bans Swans from trading players until 2017

Started by SydneyRox, October 09, 2014, 05:39:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mailman the 2nd

I don't understand what they're trying to do at all. If they wanted cola to be immediately gone, why don't they just do it?

Why cripple the club that followed a rule IMPLEMENTED BY THE AFL because you're too stupid to properly abolish the rule.

Trading doesn't even involve the rule in any case. If it was just Free Agency then I could at least say "Well they're stupid but at least they're trying to make some sort of logical judgement."

Instead, guys like Malthouse, McGuire and Peter Gordon have ultimately controlled the AFL with their constant whining.

I'm out, this is a joke

Spite

Quote from: tabs on October 09, 2014, 06:35:59 PM
Quote from: Spite on October 09, 2014, 06:31:13 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on October 09, 2014, 06:03:53 PM
A few tweets from Patrick Keane

- AFL wrote to Sydney Swans last week of a Commission decision around the Cost Of Living Allowance for the club, and its options for trading.

- As part of COLA phase-out in next 2 yrs,Sydney told extra money could honour existing contracts but not to attract players from other clubs.

- AFL also said that COLA amount would immediately go to zero in 2015 if club contracted a new player for List via trade  in 2015 or 2016.

I understand what they are trying to do here, but its just executed badly. On the positive side, at least it will all be over in two years unlike some supplement scandal that will be going on for longer...  ::)
at least they can trade players in to their clubs

All I see is players leaving this trade period

Ringo

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on October 09, 2014, 06:38:05 PM
I don't understand what they're trying to do at all. If they wanted cola to be immediately gone, why don't they just do it?

Why cripple the club that followed a rule IMPLEMENTED BY THE AFL because you're too stupid to properly abolish the rule.

Trading doesn't even involve the rule in any case. If it was just Free Agency then I could at least say "Well they're stupid but at least they're trying to make some sort of logical judgement."

Instead, guys like Malthouse, McGuire and Peter Gordon have ultimately controlled the AFL with their constant whining.

I'm out, this is a joke
The Melbourne Hierarchy let by MaGuire and Malthouse win again with their winging - Firstly they crucify Brisbane by getting rid of our retention allowance to try and keep players in Brisbane.
now they remove the COLA allowance for both Swans and GWS later on to be replaced by some undefined Rental assistance payment.  Any normal business would have announced the details of the replacement trying banning.
So we wait and see when our academy selections get taken from us because it suits the Maguire Malthouse run AFL.
They call it the AFL and then make these rash decisions not realising the effect it has on the non AFL clubs in the long term. Brisbane has only made one final since their allowance was taken away and can Sydney going the same way and Giants may not even get there.

Mailman the 2nd

While its annoying they got rid of it, the bit that's bullshower is penalising us for it.

Port didn't get penalised for being bailed out.

Brisbane didn't get penalised for having the bonus allowance.

GWS won't be even though they're under the exact same situation.

It's completely counter-intuitive to then just rob a club of being able to trade players off something they have no control over

SydneyRox

Herald sun report reckons says it has already effected us, we wanted to talk to Ryder and Patful but couldnt bring them in because this ruling was coming.

Toga

Quote from: Spite on October 09, 2014, 06:31:13 PM
I understand what they are trying to do here, but its just executed badly.

Agree with Spite - can see what they are trying to do but this is a pretty poor way of doing it

Mr.Craig

I would have gone with Fascist rather than Communist. ;)

SydneyRox

My Chumps

Ringo

Samsturmfels

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: Samsturmfels on October 09, 2014, 10:39:36 PM
Sydney diserve what they get

Unfortunately we don't have a hand up the arse of the AFL like some Presidents

SydneyRox

Ziplock

I'm sorry, but this is an absolute joke.

Even if you don't agree with COLA, which I maintain that while being flawed, is necessary for such an expensive non-AFL city, this is absolutely ridiculous. COLA is a rule put in place by the AFL (as stated in the article), it automatically goes towards player payments, and you have to use over 92.5% of your salary cap, meaning you have to use 92.5% of COLA.

Yeah Sydney's got Tippett+ Buddy in the past two years, but they've also lost Mumford + Malceski, had Bolton, Mattner Retire and and others   like Lamb, LRT leave as well

On the other hand, you have hawthorn who've managed to gain Lake, Mcevoy and Frawley post premiership(s), plus JOR and have lost (aside from franklin), Young?
#victorianpowerhouse

Like I'm not saying that the hawks should be banned from trading players, because obviously  they shouldn't. But you've put in place a system to phase out a system you deem unfair, and now you're punishing the club for just following the rules and guidelines set down? Like, what the flower.

If you don't want them to pull players with COLA this year, you could have just made it that players traded in from now on won't be receiving COLA :/

Ricochet