Communist AFL Bans Swans from trading players until 2017

Started by SydneyRox, October 09, 2014, 05:39:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziplock

Quote from: SydneyRox on December 15, 2014, 03:39:51 PM
you would suspect it to get turned over, but some of the damage has been done, surely Patfull would have been a Swan without the interference

mmmm, I don't think so- you guys didn't even have the salary cap to retain some of your non-rookies did you? Malceski's loss basically just evened out the removal of some of the COLA

But yeah, you'd think it'd be overturned, flowering stupid decision.

powersuperkents

The AFL state they are also planning on revising the Academy F/S selection rules because they think the Swans got Heeney too easily.

I don't understand why the AFL makes these rules and then punishes clubs for following them... The Swans did discover Heeney at 12 years of age so they deserve the opportunity to commit to him (keeping their 1st round pick to do so justifies it). But I think Swans fans should prepare for potential drafting rule changes as well...

SydneyRox

it wont matter what we need to give up to get Mills

stew42

Quote from: powersuperkents on December 20, 2014, 09:50:42 PM
The AFL state they are also planning on revising the Academy F/S selection rules because they think the Swans got Heeney too easily.

I don't understand why the AFL makes these rules and then punishes clubs for following them... The Swans did discover Heeney at 12 years of age so they deserve the opportunity to commit to him (keeping their 1st round pick to do so justifies it). But I think Swans fans should prepare for potential drafting rule changes as well...
For the past few years, our financial situation has improved a bit. Now we barely scrape a profit, even when we won the flag in 2012. The fact is that the Academy is a really risky venture. Sure, you'll find a Heeney or two, but then there are 100 other kids who won't make it. The staff find the kids at age 12, that's six years worth of time and money invested. If the AFL decide to not let the Swans have first rights to Academy players, then fine someone else can run it, and we'll keep the extra few million in our coffers.

Ringo

Quote from: stew42 on December 21, 2014, 10:45:48 AM

For the past few years, our financial situation has improved a bit. Now we barely scrape a profit, even when we won the flag in 2012. The fact is that the Academy is a really risky venture. Sure, you'll find a Heeney or two, but then there are 100 other kids who won't make it. The staff find the kids at age 12, that's six years worth of time and money invested. If the AFL decide to not let the Swans have first rights to Academy players, then fine someone else can run it, and we'll keep the extra few million in our coffers.
Agree with this 100% - But what else would you expect with Lions to be disadvantaged as well.  Someone else can run acadamies if we do not get the benefit. Hammelman, Dawson and Andrews were all in the acadamey system early as to was Johno Freeman.  Surely the goodness we should be rewarded for developing local talent via acadamies.

Capper

Quote from: Ziplock on December 16, 2014, 04:45:18 PM
Quote from: SydneyRox on December 15, 2014, 03:39:51 PM
you would suspect it to get turned over, but some of the damage has been done, surely Patfull would have been a Swan without the interference

mmmm, I don't think so- you guys didn't even have the salary cap to retain some of your non-rookies did you? Malceski's loss basically just evened out the removal of some of the COLA

But yeah, you'd think it'd be overturned, flowering stupid decision.
this is what im not sure on. If we didnt then how were we able to have a pick in the nat draft other than the 3 zone picks? We took the pick over keeping Biggs, massive call

Capper

Quote from: Ringo on December 21, 2014, 04:57:45 PM
Quote from: stew42 on December 21, 2014, 10:45:48 AM

Agree with this 100% - But what else would you expect with Lions to be disadvantaged as well.  Someone else can run acadamies if we do not get the benefit. Hammelman, Dawson and Andrews were all in the acadamey system early as to was Johno Freeman.  Surely the goodness we should be rewarded for developing local talent via acadamies.
agree. How does the AFL expect the non-victorian clubs to keep going if all their juniors dont get promoted through their club? NSW and Queensland are NRL states and AFL will never overtake them. If the AFL want to grow in NSW and QLD then Academy F/S needs to stay. But Gillian in all her wisdom will probably bring in a complicated system where the NSW and QLD teams will need to provide multiple draft picks for Academy F/S selections.

Just let the kids play Gillian!!!!

I guess we can always tank and get the picks that way like the victorian teams