Communist AFL Bans Swans from trading players until 2017

Started by SydneyRox, October 09, 2014, 05:39:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SydneyRox

Mailman the 2nd

SydneyRox

The news is everywhere. I cant see how Sydney cant try and fight this?

Doesnt the COLA phase out effect GWS as well?

Mailman the 2nd

I think it said that we got told a month ago and failed trying to fight it.

I highly doubt it'll actually continue once everyone finds out, considering the unbelievably bad reception it'll recieve

Capper

Obviously why Patfull went to the Giants instead of the Swans.

Thought the Swans had been quiet this trade period

SydneyRox

I am thinking of a court battle?

There was no comment on the Swans website. But they tweeted about Emma Quayle 3m after her story broke.

Jroo

I agree with the AFL and think COLA should be changed/scrapped.

But that's weird, they're punishing the Swans for following the rules?

Ricochet

A few tweets from Patrick Keane

- AFL wrote to Sydney Swans last week of a Commission decision around the Cost Of Living Allowance for the club, and its options for trading.

- As part of COLA phase-out in next 2 yrs,Sydney told extra money could honour existing contracts but not to attract players from other clubs.

- AFL also said that COLA amount would immediately go to zero in 2015 if club contracted a new player for List via trade  in 2015 or 2016.

SydneyRox

OMG - WTF - So GWS keep the COLA but swans have to phase it out? Would have though West Sydney was cheaper to live in?

Clearly need to rename the payment, but penalising the Swans for it is just wrong.

Capper

GWS arent actuallt that far west that everything is cheeper.

They should be playing out of blacktown and would get a massive following out there but playing out of homebush (Olympic park) deters people going to the game

Capper

Its a bit harsh telling Sydney the week before the trade period that you cant trade in anyone unless you give up money we gave you

Memphistopheles

Mailman the 2nd

Its just farcical in general.

Heck the drafting restrictions Essendon and Adelaide got (for actually cheating) are only slightly worse than this. Someone with common sense in the AFL must've at least and an inkling that it was a horrific idea

Spite

Quote from: Ricochet on October 09, 2014, 06:03:53 PM

- AFL wrote to Sydney Swans last week of a Commission decision around the Cost Of Living Allowance for the club, and its options for trading.

- As part of COLA phase-out in next 2 yrs,Sydney told extra money could honour existing contracts but not to attract players from other clubs.

- AFL also said that COLA amount would immediately go to zero in 2015 if club contracted a new player for List via trade  in 2015 or 2016.

I understand what they are trying to do here, but its just executed badly. On the positive side, at least it will all be over in two years unlike some supplement scandal that will be going on for longer...  ::)

Capper

Quote from: Spite on October 09, 2014, 06:31:13 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on October 09, 2014, 06:03:53 PM

I understand what they are trying to do here, but its just executed badly. On the positive side, at least it will all be over in two years unlike some supplement scandal that will be going on for longer...  ::)
at least they can trade players in to their clubs