Main Menu

Best 22 going into 2015

Started by _wato, October 07, 2014, 12:26:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ADEZ

Have to disagree :P
O'Meara, Swallow and Prestia have scope for improvement in their defensive running and consistency
The likes of Bennell, Smith, Matera and Dixon are yet to have a genuine run of it to due to injury concerns...
McKenzie, Lemmens and KK are very promising running from half-back, particularly under the mentor of Ceski or Harbrow
Lynch, May and Thompson are very strong KPP that will naturally improve and hit there strides as big men in years to come
Saying Leslie is a wasted pick is pretty ridiculous, can't expect a 198 cm defender to show loads in his first season, I do agree that Lonergan hasn't come on but would be interesting to see what he could do as a ball winning midfielder rather than in a somewhat negating role, keep in mind he is still a teenager
The inclusion of Hallahan is a good acquisition
They are lacking some depth though, particularly in key position posts..

They'll be right 8)

powersuperkents

Have to agree with Meow Meow about the lack of depth (compared to GWS - better quality players (than the Giants) but far less depth).

But simultaneously have to agree with ADEZ - great young prospects, most of which haven't been provided genuine opportunity. It looks as if Hallahan will be fighting for a spot. Thankfully they have delisted Broughton, was a superstar until Ross Lyon went to the Dockers, has been a spud ever since.

Dons

Quote from: powersuperkents on November 04, 2014, 01:30:23 PM
Have to agree with Meow Meow about the lack of depth (compared to GWS - better quality players (than the Giants) but far less depth).

But simultaneously have to agree with ADEZ - great young prospects, most of which haven't been provided genuine opportunity. It looks as if Hallahan will be fighting for a spot. Thankfully they have delisted Broughton, was a superstar until Ross Lyon went to the Dockers, has been a spud ever since.

I'm certain I read GC will re draft Broughton as a rookie, then elevate him to the veterans list or something, so he could still play R1.

Ricochet

Quote from: Dons on November 04, 2014, 08:19:32 PM

I'm certain I read GC will re draft Broughton as a rookie, then elevate him to the veterans list or something, so he could still play R1.
They will but he will only be there one more year.

The_Captain

Quote from: Dons on November 04, 2014, 08:19:32 PM

Who is this spudton your talking abouut?

Nige

I'm thinking one of Sean Lemmens, Michael Rischitelli or Matt Shaw will make way for Mitch Hallahan.

Ringo

The_Captain