Griffin requests trade to GWS

Started by valkorum, October 09, 2014, 02:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

powersuperkents

They should go for a straight swap to Boyd. GWS should accept the offer, they should get as much value (and I can't think of a higher level of value atm) as they can for Boyd because after 2015... he's leaving regardless...

GWS are kidding themselves if they think they can convince him to stay. He's not a spud, he's the no. 1 draft pick, if he's not happy at GWS it's not like retirement is his only option.. hahaha I can literally name 17 clubs who wouldn't hesitate to sign the young gun.

meow meow

GWS won't trade Boyd. It would send a message that their players are available to be raided at any time, regardless of contract status.

The only reason they traded Tyson is because they wanted Josh Kelly extremely badly.

We'll just have to wait a year and pick Boyd up next year.

GWS might play hard ball and refuse to give up that much for Griffen this year though. Probably only get pick 4 for him, but even then it's not bad for a 28 year old. He still has 3 elite seasons and a couple more solid seasons after that though, but if you think about who last year's #4 was, I know which player we'd choose to keep.

powersuperkents

Quote from: meow meow on October 15, 2014, 12:18:16 AM
GWS won't trade Boyd. It would send a message that their players are available to be raided at any time, regardless of contract status.

The only reason they traded Tyson is because they wanted Josh Kelly extremely badly.

We'll just have to wait a year and pick Boyd up next year.

GWS might play hard ball and refuse to give up that much for Griffen this year though. Probably only get pick 4 for him, but even then it's not bad for a 28 year old. He still has 3 elite seasons and a couple more solid seasons after that though, but if you think about who last year's #4 was, I know which player we'd choose to keep.
That is a really good point. The Gold Coast have been quite lucky as they haven't experienced raids upon their list (another benefit of having Ablett). GWS really is a club of kids, this means they will most likely be the top team once all the rookies develop, but for now their isn't many leadership figures in the side and that adds to more dependence upon the shoulders of younger players and it is really just too much. Getting opportunities young is just that, an opportunity. In the case of GWS it's more of an obligation (I think this is major reason for homesickness). As we can see though, it is really going to help those kids in the long run.

Ziplock

Quote from: powersuperkents on October 15, 2014, 12:12:46 AM
They should go for a straight swap to Boyd. GWS should accept the offer, they should get as much value (and I can't think of a higher level of value atm) as they can for Boyd because after 2015... he's leaving regardless...

GWS are kidding themselves if they think they can convince him to stay. He's not a spud, he's the no. 1 draft pick, if he's not happy at GWS it's not like retirement is his only option.. hahaha I can literally name 17 clubs who wouldn't hesitate to sign the young gun.

I  think the point is GWS want to try and be competitive next year, and with Patton out they'll want Boyd up and about.