National Draft 2014

Started by SydneyRox, October 01, 2014, 04:01:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

To complete our list we will take Alec Waterman with N48.

Boston list completed, Americas SC Nat Draft completed :)

kilbluff1985

elephants

Was still tossing up between N48 and R24. Its legal, dw :p

SydneyRox

I was adding players into the rosters and advised ele that Boston was one short so he has revoked the pass on the final pick to complete the team

powersuperkents

Quote from: elephants on December 04, 2014, 07:32:51 PM
To complete our list we will take Alec Waterman with N48.

Boston list completed, Americas SC Nat Draft completed :)
I knew you were going to pick him with n48 - because you're an Eagles supporter, was tossing up between him & Gore but went with the latter.

popedelio

I wanted Waterman :'( hahahaha

powersuperkents

Quote from: popedelio on December 05, 2014, 02:07:46 AM
I wanted Waterman :'( hahahaha
the guy is a prolific ball winner and a disposal machine. However, his disposal efficiency is one of the worst I've ever seen in a player. Has the talent but West Coast are going to have to put a lot of work into him. Will still be fantasy relevant though, worst case scenario is he has 5-6 seasons as a Liam Anthony type, best case scenario the club improves his disposal effectiveness and he becomes a premium. Only reason I chose Dean Gore over him was his efficiency and the West Coast midfield is one of the hardest young starting midfields to break into - and will get harder considering the abundance of mid rookies they have recently acquired in both drafts. But seriously, Waterman's stats are amazing, he has the potential to become a gun and that's all you can hope for in National Drafts when making selections.   

SydneyRox

Esp with the last selection. Which is also Ele last selection this year. Good value risk

elephants

Thanks lads!

Was keen on some players from the rookie draft pool but thought I'd play it safe and guarantee myself Waterman :P

powersuperkents

Quote from: elephants on December 05, 2014, 11:51:13 AM
Thanks lads!

Was keen on some players from the rookie draft pool but thought I'd play it safe and guarantee myself Waterman :P
Yeah good chance Waterman could have went early in the rookie draft if more coaches were aware that he was a father-son pick (if WCE didn't commit he would have been selected a lot earlier in the NAT). Did the same thing in the rookie draft by trading pick 11 for Baguley. My preferences were Boyd, Burgoyne, Cooney, Stanley, and one rookie who is yet to be selected for #11, I definitely made the right decision playing it safe with the trade because all of those listed players have been selected and the prospect would have been a riskier choice (repeated injury record but knows how to accumulate tackles).