WXV Vacant Coaching Positions

Started by ossie85, September 29, 2014, 10:25:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Bieber

Quote from: SydneyRox on September 29, 2014, 03:51:33 PM
Quote from: meow meow on September 29, 2014, 03:31:48 PM
I would like to apply for the job. Most of you already know what I bring to the competition.
sarcasm and misdirected anger  :P

oh... a stalker like love for a gws parole
I remember when it use to be a stalker-like love for Doggy players :'(.

Vinny

kilbluff1985

Nige

Torpedo10

Meow is a Draft genius, trade genius? Maybe not.

Justin Bieber

Guys, on topic please.

As for KB, certainly active enough for a XV coach! Graduated from HP's academy of assistant coaches :P.

Nails

I could coach dildos and poomas.

Once rivals, now friends.

#soundsgood

ossie85

Right! We have two open positions now.....

kilbluff1985

FYI i'm happy to apply for either team in case we had to say so

KoopKicka

Id prefer Wellington if that applies, Ill write something up in a minute.

elephants

I would like to apply for the job. Most of you already know what I bring to the competition.

I'd vote for meow then sell him Greene for all of Sao Paulo.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: elephants on September 30, 2014, 02:37:23 PM

I'd vote for meow then sell him Greene for all of Sao Paulo.

ROFL!!  ;D

ossie85

Levis43

I would love to have a coaching role for either the Pumas or Warriors. I am currently an assistant coach for The Manilla Folders in AXV's and have done some research to help other owners out with trades and drafting etc. I understand that there is some talk about possibly retiring both teams all together and having a draft with the remaining players. I completely understand why this might happen but I think it would be a loss of Honey Badger and Pothead's hard work if their teams are not continued.

As I am just finishing uni, I have a lot of free time and can put lots of effort towards the team. Here are my opinions of the 2 teams:

Puma's Best XV if all fit:
BAC: S. Burgoyne [94.2], A. Walker [87.9], B. Houli [83.2], B. Waters [86.8](2013 Average)
MID: G. Ablett(C) [136.7], R. Sloane(VC) [114.8], H. Hartlett [97.3], D. Zaharakis [90.1]
RUC: S. Jacobs [115.4]
FOR: J. Roughead [95.8], D. Smith [91.2], J.Gunston [90.4], J. Stringer [69.3]
UTI: J. Polec [81.4], C. Masten [84.4]

Options for pumas:   
W. Minson [93.3]
M. Wright [79.6]
S. Hill [96.1]
R. Harwood [83.2]
T. Adams [70.4]

Obviously this team is ready to challenge for the premiership once again next season. The Puma's have a great midfield, especially when Ablett is fit, consistent rucks and some backs with high ceilings. The forward line is also good but could use a bit more depth. The Puma's currently have pick 20 in the draft and might be looking to use it on a forward. There are also a few high averaging player who we could use a trade bait, but I wouldn't necessarily make major changes though as HB has done an excellent job with the squad and it's a real credit to him to be able to keep such a youthful squad up the top year after year. It would be an honour to keep his legacy going.

Warriors Best XV if all fit:
BAC: C. Yarran [82.7], S. Dempster [77.6], L. Picken [70.2], X. Ellis [67.3]
MID: M. Murphy [106.0], B. Vince [95.2], I. Smith [90.9], L. Whitfield [79.4]
RUC: H. McIntosh [83.8]                  
FOR: T. Walker [80.1], T. Colyer [75.2], J. Neade [65.4], C. Sylvla [38.3]
UTI: T. Mzungu [80.0], R. Lester [78.6]            

Options for Warriors:
N. Foley [69.8]
M. Golby [58.6]
J. Patfull [69.6]
D. Morris [58.0]
R. Thompson [58.4]
N. Smith [70.8]

The Warrior's have a solid balance of old and young. If I were to take over this team I think it would be better to talk it one way though. I would take it towards the younger (as it looks as though Pot has already started doing this) and maybe trade out a couple of the veterans who might have a few years left, especially with club stalwart Lenny Hayes retiring. Although this team has been down the bottom since the WXV inception, there are still a fair few stars that you can build around in Skipper Marc Murphy (27yo), Yarran (23), Tex Walker (24) and Smith (25) - all have many years left. I would look to keep the main core of the squad while building around them with some fresh youth.

Nails

I don't know who that kid is, but he has my vote. ^

If you don't get a gig I want to surround myself with you in several XVs comps.