Main Menu

Ryder for Power

Started by tbagrocks, September 26, 2014, 07:52:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

powersuperkents

Less than 24 hours to go. The Bombers are by far the most stubborn team in the AFL. Collingwood capitulated with Beams (& they had an actual bargaining position). Pick 17 & 37 are more than fair (again, if we wanted to we could have just asked Ryder to take them to the grievance tribunal - no matter what the result, relations between Ryder & the Bombers would be forever hostile - and picked him up for free). If your player is going to take you to the grievance tribunal, why even bother trying to retain him?? The whole situation just seems pointless and the Bombers know by next season we'll have Ryder & are just trying to waste PAFC's time. Seeing all the other trades go through, this one is now pissing me off.

If Essendon want a player, I'd be fine with Wagner, Newton, Butcher, Ah Chee, or Flynn going. But I think they have lost any chance of taking Andrew Moore  ;)

Seriously, it's ridiculous, if the Giants could tell it was best to give up Boyd, the Bulldogs could tell it was best to give up Griffen, the Kangas could tell it was best to give up Greenwood, & the Magpies could tell it was best to give up Beams... How stupid does that make the Essendon recruiting department!! Seriously, in the aforementioned situations, at least the clubs had leverage, this player will literally take you to court, can they not comprehend that he hates the effing club. Considering all that, pick 17 & 37 seems like a fair offer 

powersuperkents

Also, why do the Bombers need mediation to make trades? It's not that hard if you know what you're going.

3rd time in 5 years... Most clubs have never resorted to AFL trade mediation once. Obviously that whole department sucks as they can't even do their jobs

Grazz

Gotta agree i to have no idea why they would want to keep a guy that is absolutely desperate to get out of there. Doesnt make any sense unless they are intentionally screwing him over and thereby sending a message to others, i really dont know why or what it is their doing. :-\

kilbluff1985

Getting annoyed myself actually

Take 17 and 37 turn it into 17 and Giles and Its a good result for us

Grazz

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on October 15, 2014, 11:09:43 PM
Getting annoyed myself actually

Take 17 and 37 turn it into 17 and Giles and Its a good result for us

I think so to mate, its the best of a bad situation.

nas

Yep agree, EFC playing hardball, but if say they refuse & @ 2pm all fails,
Paddy goes to the tribunal & opts the clause then becomes a Free agent.
Does that mean his nominated club gets him or the draft circus applies?
With GWS apparently maybe throwing pick 4 at EFC + (?) can they if Ryder says no, enforce? Pretty sure no!
Mediation between clubs, is AFL asserting authority over the ASADA fiasco?
Maybe Port should throw a deal at the last minute @ Giles, alar M Clarke re Freo / Melb previously happened in the past.
Still apparently chasing Gorringe?

AaronKirk

Would Paddy by not accepting to go to GWS relinquish his power in a case at the grievance tribunal?

He wants to leave Victoria, and a suitable deal was reached between Essendon and GWS, so why does it have to be Port?

You cannot say you want to leave and then when the deal is done refuse an offer to leave?

I predict we will take pick 17 and 37 tomorrow but it is very poor compensation and a slap in the face.

powersuperkents

Quote from: AaronKirk on October 16, 2014, 12:01:44 AM
Would Paddy by not accepting to go to GWS relinquish his power in a case at the grievance tribunal?

He wants to leave Victoria, and a suitable deal was reached between Essendon and GWS, so why does it have to be Port?

You cannot say you want to leave and then when the deal is done refuse an offer to leave?

I predict we will take pick 17 and 37 tomorrow but it is very poor compensation and a slap in the face.
Ryder listed Port as his preferred destination and due to his current importance to the Bombers, i.e. he would be classified as a restricted free agent, Essendon have to respect under his contract. Ryder wants to win, not sit at the bottom tier of the ladder. A bigger slap in the face would be sending a player who has provided so much to your club to anywhere but his chosen destination. If they traded him somewhere else, he would not give consent & go straight to the grievance tribunal & the trade would be terminated as the contract would be voidable, rendering the trade non-existent. This just delineates Essendon's weak bargaining position, Port should honestly assert authority on the deadline & only provide them with pick 17 (or even better try for only 37), and hold the Bombers to an ultimatum which they'll either accept or Ryder goes to the grievance tribunal & the Bombers get nothing. This obviously will not happen, but I think it would be worth a try after this constant necessary bs Essendon is causing. They should have released Ryder mid-transfer period at the latest. I don't know what they are trying to achieve.       

powersuperkents

At least they have backed off Hartlett, Wines, &/or Wingard. That was the stupidest counter-offer I've ever seen in AFL history  :-\

They are just making this so much harder than it really should be. The same thing happened with Caddy in 2011 & some random in 2009

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/mediation-fails-between-essendon-port-adelaide-over-paddy-ryder-trade/story-fn69a32t-1227091548484

They want to use pick 37 to acquire Cooney... They could have done it as well. The irony is that they wasted all their time

powersuperkents

Just reading the article make you notice how poorly managed human resources at Essendon is  >:(

Just so frustrating...

powersuperkents

YES!!!!!! I'm calling it, premiers 2015!!

A lot of club make preliminary finals, hardly any do it so convincingly, of a bright future, to have a gun player have his contract terminated and a 3-time premiership captain and, respectively his former club's 2nd best coach in history, sign up to be part of the journey. All I can say is that the last 2 seasons they have been too convincing and, unlike many other clubs that make prelims & then fall, are the real deal  ;D

I think I could see consecutives in the future as well, still an INCREDIBLY young side (Captain just turned 26, VC is only 24, yet they are easily in the top 3 elite already).

PowerBug

Quote from: powersuperkents on October 16, 2014, 08:21:38 PM

A lot of club make preliminary finals, hardly any do it so convincingly, of a bright future, to have a gun player have his contract terminated and a 3-time premiership captain and, respectively his former club's 2nd best coach in history, sign up to be part of the journey. All I can say is that the last 2 seasons they have been too convincing and, unlike many other clubs that make prelims & then fall, are the real deal  ;D

I think I could see consecutives in the future as well, still an INCREDIBLY young side (Captain just turned 26, VC is only 24, yet they are easily in the top 3 elite already).
Give it a break.

Yes we've been good.
Yes we will improve.
No that does not mean we have won the flag.
We have been very lucky in the last two years playing against clubs who haven't been able to field their best 22, and we have. If injuries were to arrive at Port Adelaide, as we saw they did for 4-5 weeks, we are pretty bad.

Stay injury free, we'll give it a red hot crack, no one is denying that, but saying we've won the premiership already? Go away.

P.S. Hawthorn have improved their list yet again, still the frontrunners for me.

powersuperkents

Quote from: PowerBug on October 16, 2014, 08:53:39 PM
Quote from: powersuperkents on October 16, 2014, 08:21:38 PM

Give it a break.

Yes we've been good.
Yes we will improve.
No that does not mean we have won the flag.
We have been very lucky in the last two years playing against clubs who haven't been able to field their best 22, and we have. If injuries were to arrive at Port Adelaide, as we saw they did for 4-5 weeks, we are pretty bad.

Stay injury free, we'll give it a red hot crack, no one is denying that, but saying we've won the premiership already? Go away.

P.S. Hawthorn have improved their list yet again, still the frontrunners for me.
That is a good point, I thought Hawthorn was the only team we beat as a result of injury though, & we were both at full strength during the prelim & it was an incredible match. I really think it has do with our club's management off the field, only Hawthorn is comparable in terms of management & that is because Clarkson is just an all-round great coach -who learned the trade under the great Mark William at Port-  ;) Overall, as long as Koch & Hinkley are there, we'll always improve, I'm not saying anyone is expendable, however, when someone choose to leave over the last two years, we manage to replace them with someone better.

If I had to bet though, it would be between Port & the Hawks and it would go down to the day & experience (Therefore, Hawthorn obviously would have to be my favourite as well. But I'm convinced our young players will step up during the big games (something they've done for the last 2 seasons). Really looking forward to next year, I'm only calling Port for premiers, I'm not saying they'll win, but they are my bet (of course as a passionate supporter I wouldn't advise anyone to make a bet involving actual mediums of exchange. The Power & Chelsea FC are the only things that make me think & act irrationally - like most supporters) :) I hope that clarifies everything, my previous statement was just a pride rant, don't read too much into it, just so happy about the Voss & Ryder signings  ;D

Grazz

Nuh your buggered without Uncle Phil.  :P

Mr.Craig