Toga

Jroo

Quote from: Toga on October 07, 2014, 05:09:19 PM
Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 07, 2014, 05:08:47 PM
Hartlett is elite!

And this!
Don't agree with ya Torpy.
Yeah I agree, but so is Ryder?
Wines and Wingard are probably worth more, due to age, but can't see how Hartlett is better?

Toga

Essendon are not in a position to bargain for a player on the level of Hartlett, Wingard or Wines, no matter how they compare to Ryder mate

powersuperkents

Quote from: Torpedo10 on October 07, 2014, 05:00:21 PM
I agree Wines or Wingard would be a far fetched offer but Hartlett is well within reason. Isn't at that elite echelon that Wines and Wingard should get to.
No. 4 Draft pick

I know he was prone to injury in the past but Hinkley's fixed him up since. Don't look into his dream team scorers. The guy is our 3rd most important midfielder (only Boak & Ebert would overrule him).

powersuperkents

Honestly, I'm more than happy to see pick 16 go. I'm would even be happy with Butcher & Moore were thrown in as well. But the best the Bombers could possibly get from our list is Kane Mitchell, and maybe, maybe Bobby Carlisle. This list was denigrated for 5 years and finally, under the right coach, these players are starting to emerge (Wines fortunately wasn't part of the 2008-12 lists) and as a supporter, I'd be very angry to see any of those young players (most of which backed the club when the experienced players sought free agency) go. These players backed the club, and the club backed these players (Hinkley delisted the trash) and I think that's what makes them such a strong side, they have real chemistry when they play and even the recruits (Polec, Monfries, Hombsch, Wines, Impey, Neade & White) fit right in upon arrival. Just think about it, it took Troy Chaplin almost two years to make the same gesture of pride in his new club, a gesture which only took Matt White two games to make... PAFC management have said no players are on the table and I think good on them, Essendon are in no position to make demands and worst case scenario for Port is either another team picks Ryder up (resulting in Ryder being unhappy) or Ryder enters free agency & is recruited by Port. Essendon should be preparing a legal defence, not stubborn counter-offers.

Worse comes to worst, we can always get Gorringe, either way the Dons lose another player.     

Jroo

Quote from: Toga on October 07, 2014, 05:24:02 PM
Essendon are not in a position to bargain for a player on the level of Hartlett, Wingard or Wines, no matter how they compare to Ryder mate
Yeah i know, I said that earlier. But take out the circumstances and Paddy is worth more than Hartlett, easily. Not sure on Wines or Wingard, though.
Quote from: JROO8 on October 07, 2014, 04:55:30 PM
I would say Ryder is worth as much as those mentioned, but Bombers not exactly in the best position to bargain.

PowerBug

Ryder said he's walking out of the club regardless of whether he gets traded or not.
If Port are to pick him up then they need to agree on a deal.
If they don't agree on a deal then Port won't get Ryder, but Essendon will still lose Ryder.
Ryder will end up at a new club for free (may not be Port)

So Essendon will eventually settle for a deal, and I reckon it'll be only the Pick 16 they turned down a few days ago.

SydneyRox

The bombers are in the stronger position I think. Since Ryder is contracted, the only way he gets to Port is via a trade, or at the very outside, via legal action he isnt guaranteed to win, and then hope Port get an early PSD pick. (unlikely)

They can bang on for a while yet, it is only day 1

Ziplock

Quote from: SydneyRox on October 07, 2014, 06:24:23 PM
The bombers are in the stronger position I think. Since Ryder is contracted, the only way he gets to Port is via a trade, or at the very outside, via legal action he isnt guaranteed to win, and then hope Port get an early PSD pick. (unlikely)

They can bang on for a while yet, it is only day 1

best case scenario for the bombers they get a player for another year who doesn't want to be there.

Dudge

Ryder for Hartlett?, they'd wanna throw in Stanton to make us even consider it, and I'd still say no :o ;)

powersuperkents

Yeah it doesn't make sense for Essendon to be making demands. If they enforce the contract. They'll be paying Ryder for the next two years to do nothing. He's already quit, all the contract means is if he wants to play at AFL level, it has to be for the Bomber's, he's indicated he won't be playing so the Bombers will be financially burdened holding onto him just because they are too stubborn to realise the position Hird's shower coaching has got them into. I still don't understand why they haven't fired him... He's not even a good coach. Out of the trio (Voss, Hird & Bucks), Voss was the only one who could coach, yet he's the one out of the job (no criticisms to the Lions, Leppa is doing a fantastic job regardless, more a comment on the Bombers & Collingwood). Essendon should be trying to secure Bomber Thompson as head coach, not safekeeping the role for a guy who spends most days in Federal Court hahaha

DazBurg

Quote from: powersuperkents on October 07, 2014, 08:59:01 PM
Yeah it doesn't make sense for Essendon to be making demands. If they enforce the contract. They'll be paying Ryder for the next two years to do nothing. He's already quit, all the contract means is if he wants to play at AFL level, it has to be for the Bomber's, he's indicated he won't be playing so the Bombers will be financially burdened holding onto him just because they are too stubborn to realise the position Hird's shower coaching has got them into. I still don't understand why they haven't fired him... He's not even a good coach. Out of the trio (Voss, Hird & Bucks), Voss was the only one who could coach, yet he's the one out of the job (no criticisms to the Lions, Leppa is doing a fantastic job regardless, more a comment on the Bombers & Collingwood). Essendon should be trying to secure Bomber Thompson as head coach, not safekeeping the role for a guy who spends most days in Federal Court hahaha

yeah only problem was alot of players hated vossy :P

JBs-Hawks

If paddy  is contracted and refuses to play he wont be getting paid ;)

Dudge

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 07, 2014, 09:02:36 PM

He'd probably play, but would he bother putting his all in, especially if he's pi$$ed off. That could hurt the team even more

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Dudge on October 07, 2014, 09:25:09 PM
Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 07, 2014, 09:02:36 PM

He'd probably play, but would he bother putting his all in, especially if he's pi$$ed off. That could hurt the team even more

Then theyd put him in the vfl and he wouldnt get match payments so would lose on a fair wad of cash