Main Menu

Ryder for Power

Started by tbagrocks, September 26, 2014, 07:52:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbagrocks

Wowee, how is the transformation at the Power now?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-26/paddy-firms-for-port

Sheesh, how will they keep em all under the cap? Before they win a Premiership?

Maybe they will let the Boss Wingard go to the Crows to make cap room :P

kilbluff1985

tbagrocks

Calling negative nancy! Was no thread in the Port section about this huge coup champ ;)

Jay

Quote from: tbagrocks on September 26, 2014, 08:06:47 PM
Calling negative nancy! Was no thread in the Port section about this huge coup champ ;)
Exactly. This move almost makes Port the favourites next year in my books :o

Toga

They will look very strong if Ryder comes into the team, exactly the type of player needed to take them to the next level

Jroo

Port need another forward and ruckman. Ryder is both, so this is perfect for them.

Capper

lets see how Ryder goes with the fitness program there. Renouf sounds like he will go if Ryder joins

Toga

Renouf has already been delisted mate.

Grazz

Quote from: JROO8 on September 26, 2014, 09:43:01 PM
Port need another forward and ruckman. Ryder is both, so this is perfect for them.

Yep couldnt get a better fit really. 2015 gunna be a long long year.  :(

powersuperkents

I'm happy about his preference & Pick 16 for Ryder is a fantastic trade (just like pick 14 for Polec). He's already 26 which doesn't matter as rucks/key forwards don't start their careers all too well and improve with age and our list is already young enough as is (a lot argued too young to win a premiership this season and I'd have to agree as the inability to convert simple shots cost them the prelim).

Fantastic transfer if it's processed. The ASADA investigation is irrelevant to Hinkley but I'm somewhat worried about the impact on Ryder if Monfries alone is facing 3-6 months suspension, and 34 Bombers facing up to 2 years on the sidelines (They won't have a team... I would have fired Hird a long time ago)

powersuperkents

Essendon want either Wines, Hartlett, or Wingard for Ryder...

I think they can flower off, he'll terminate his contract either way so Essendon are in the inferior bargaining position. I think Ryder would be a fantastic addition to the Power line-up. However, he isn't half as good as any of the 3 aforementioned guns. 19, 21, or 24 year old superstars  (none of which have peaked), for a 26 year old (who is peaking). No way, I think Hinkley is too smart to accept that deal. Honestly, I think Pick. 17, Butcher &/or Moore is a fair exchange for a player who is going to leave the side anyway. If Essendon wanted stability in their side, they shouldn't have been drugging their players, creating an unsafe workplace, to begin with.

I think any three of these players for Ryder would be a rip-off to our side and is an insult to even suggest it. We can reject the trade and will still be a GF contender. Even if Essendon keep Ryder, they'll be lucky to make finals again (considering the whole ASADA saga, and subsequent unpredictable player suspensions making this trade request all the more reason unreasonable). Honestly, No. 17, Butcher, & Moore is a fair enough deal for Ryder. Moore would probably be in the Bomber's best 6 midfielders hahaha

Essendon should also consider. Worst case scenario for them, all their players get suspended for up to 2 seasons. Worst case scenario for us, we play Gorringe up front... What position do they think they're in to make such an absurd counter-offer. None of those players will want to leave Aberton anyway...

Jroo

I would say Ryder is worth as much as those mentioned, but Bombers not exactly in the best position to bargain.

Torpedo10

I agree Wines or Wingard would be a far fetched offer but Hartlett is well within reason. Isn't at that elite echelon that Wines and Wingard should get to.

Toga

But Essendon still won't get him.

JBs-Hawks