Main Menu

Dogs delist three

Started by Nige, September 24, 2014, 02:19:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2014-09-24/list-changes-announced

On top of the retirements of Gia and Tom Williams, the Dogs have delisted Christian Howard, Brett Goodes and Tom Young.

The_Captain

Geez. those 3 blokes all a bit stiff. Considering goodsey was part of there best 22 last year. He is old but. But howard is very stiff..

kilbluff1985

Quote from: noto07 on September 24, 2014, 02:44:07 PM
Geez. those 3 blokes all a bit stiff. Considering goodsey was part of there best 22 last year. He is old but. But howard is very stiff..

Goodes played 2 games this year lol

Nige

Goodes probably a tad unlucky in the sense that he was BOG in the VFL grand final 5 days ago and had a decent season for Footscray.

Howard was Pick 15 in his draft and never lived up to that.

Not sure about Young, can only assume he got the axe because the Dogs have got a number of defenders his size that play a similar role iirc.

Noz

Lol

Goodes can't kick and can not survive at AFL level

Howard is a hack

Young is a tad unlucky but no where near their best 22

meow meow

Goodes is an old man.

Howard has been going backwards for 3 years and only showed good signs every now and then at the best of times. I'd be very surprised if anyone picks him up.

Young was an absolute liability on the defensive side of his game. Not ideal for a backman.

Easton Wood, Liam Jones and Shaun Higgins all unsigned at the moment.

Greenwood, Austin and Redpath have all spent the maximum 3 years on the rookie list so their time is up. Either delist or upgrade to the senior list.

Nige

Quote from: meow meow on September 24, 2014, 03:02:40 PM
Goodes is an old man.

Howard has been going backwards for 3 years and only showed good signs every now and then at the best of times. I'd be very surprised if anyone picks him up.

Young was an absolute liability on the defensive side of his game. Not ideal for a backman.

Easton Wood, Liam Jones and Shaun Higgins all unsigned at the moment.

Greenwood, Austin and Redpath have all spent the maximum 3 years on the rookie list so their time is up. Either delist or upgrade to the senior list.
I can't see Greenwood getting elevated, but Austin and/or Redpath would have to be a chance?

meow meow

Greenwood has to be cut. The other two could go either way. Personally I would keep Austin but give Redpath the chop.

Mr.Craig

I had high hopes Young would step up but it just didn't happen. Still reckon it's worth his while nominating for the draft.

Howard on the other hand...

Nige

Easton Wood has signed a one year contract extension.

meow meow

All done and dusted. List changes:

OUTIN
GriffenTom Boyd
CooneyShane Biggs
Giansiracusa    #26
Higgins#27
Williams#39
Goodes#45
Jones#46
Howard#64 (F/S Zaine Cordy)
Tutt#82
Young#100 (will be used to upgrade Lin Jong)

kilbluff1985

so who will be Captain then?

Nige

Nige

Quote from: KoopKicka on October 16, 2014, 03:54:47 PM
Quote from: Nige on October 16, 2014, 03:53:02 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on October 16, 2014, 03:38:38 PM
so who will be Captain then?
Macrae.
inb4 Tom Boyd :P
I wonder whether they'd give it to like Boyd or Bob for a year or two or something like that...