2014 Grand Final - The Blood(s)bath

Started by Mr.Craig, September 20, 2014, 07:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mailman the 2nd

I still had him as the 22nd ranked Hawk on the ground, Simpkin or Sewell would've offered more, not that it mattered at all.

nrich102

It's tough to be best on ground when your subbed off and there are like 5 players with more than 30 disposals ::)

Sewell should retire and I'm not sure Simpkin would have been as good.

Mr.Craig

I thought Cyril did a pretty good job on Tippett. :P

Bill Manspeaker

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on September 28, 2014, 01:30:26 PM
I still had him as the 22nd ranked Hawk on the ground, Simpkin or Sewell would've offered more, not that it mattered at all.

Cyril was excellent. Especially  viewing at the game plenty of pressure that wouldnt be seen by the cameras.
Also 22nd ranked hawk would  still put him in the top 5 of swans.

MajorLazer

Still not even sure how to react.

All I know is that I love those bloody Hawks!

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on September 28, 2014, 02:08:45 PM
Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on September 28, 2014, 01:30:26 PM

Cyril was excellent. Especially  viewing at the game plenty of pressure that wouldnt be seen by the cameras.
Also 22nd ranked hawk would  still put him in the top 5 of swans.

Top 5 swans is a stretch lol, he was better than a fair chunk though.

All i was saying was that putting him in didn't really change anything, I'd hardly call it a genius move. Enjoy your win!

Mr.Craig

The thrill of victory, the agony of defeat.

Ricochet

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on September 28, 2014, 01:23:27 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on September 28, 2014, 12:26:17 PM
The Rioli selection was genius.

Really? I thought he was easily the least effective Hawk. Only player to be well beaten by his opponent
His first quarter was enormous in terms of pressure and setting the level for the rest of the game. In my eyes the other hawks followed his lead early on. Went quiet towards the end but the game was already won

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: Ricochet on September 28, 2014, 04:27:49 PM
Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on September 28, 2014, 01:23:27 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on September 28, 2014, 12:26:17 PM
The Rioli selection was genius.

Really? I thought he was easily the least effective Hawk. Only player to be well beaten by his opponent
His first quarter was enormous in terms of pressure and setting the level for the rest of the game. In my eyes the other hawks followed his lead early on. Went quiet towards the end but the game was already won

fair enough I guess

Toga

I thought Cyril was pretty electric in the first as well

tor01doc

I loved the thrill of watching Cyril and listening for the 'ping' that thankfully never came.  :P

Mr.Craig

Just watching the game again for the third time and Cyril had a major hand in 3 goals so he was definitely more influential than the stats might suggest.

Scrads

WHAT A flowerING GAMEEEE!!!! BACK-TO-BACK BABY!!!!

So honoured to have been there to witness that! Best day of my life I would have to say!

Cyril was amazing pressure-wise particularly early, I think his selection was easily justified (this is coming from someone who before the game was not overly happy with Duryea being picked as the sub over him).

I was about to go through each player individually but let's face it- they were all guns!

Scrads

Quote from: Mr.Craig on September 27, 2014, 05:52:55 PM
I can't wait to hold that cup. It's just the best feeling.

I will be there to cherish that moment with you again, mate! ;D