Started by Mr.Craig, September 20, 2014, 07:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capper

Quote from: Mr.Craig on September 20, 2014, 08:13:42 PM
You lot do know which way the Sydney board is don't you?  :P
yeah but i agree with Stew.

Losing to Giants and North in first 3 weeks, it wasnt looking good for us

tor01doc

Can't see many weaknesses in that Sydney line up, game plan or work ethic.

Maybe we can upset them but....

Grazz

Everything seems to point towards Sydney taking it out, a pretty easy run Friday night against the Roo's while Hawthorn had to fight it out till the siren on Saturday in a much tougher encounter. The extra day break and Sydneys form seem to have most pundits thinking Sydney but and its a big but they are playing Hawthorn who throughout 2014 have endured quiet alot of adversity with injuries to key players all missing games collectively, a crook coach etc to still end up there the last weekend in September, as i said in another thread there is a bit to admire about that. There is some real strength of belief in the Hawks that no matter what comes their way they will overcome it.

2014's best two performed sides will go head to head in the GF, who has been better in 2014 means little, who will reign supreme on the day means everything. The best team doesn't always win the day, in 97 and 98 the Crows were not the best team in those years but managed to reign supreme on the last day in September, every chance the Hawks will also. It shapes up to be a great GF, if it's as good as yesterdays game then footy will be the real winner.

JBs-Hawks

Anyone else think Pup struggled last night and could be in the firing line for Cyril?

Was in the car for the last quarter so didn't get to gauge Simpkins influence.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on September 21, 2014, 12:32:45 PM
Anyone else think Pup struggled last night and could be in the firing line for Cyril?

still think you would want Pup in the GF he is made for pressure footy

shaker

Sorry Hawk guys but the Swans just look to strong

MajorLazer

So the storyline for this year's grand final is more like 08 than 12 for us. Huge underdogs and I think I prefer it this way.

Sydney are the best team in the comp, but we can definitely give them a run for their money.

shaker

McEvoy out of VFL GF with Sewell some changes coming for next week

Mr.Craig

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on September 21, 2014, 12:32:45 PM

Poppy didn't have the best one. Simpkin wasn't bad but didn't really stand out either.

Mr.Craig

Not sure where this leaves Cyril. Don't think we can trust him for a full game. :-\

henry

Quote from: MajorLazer on September 21, 2014, 12:49:33 PM
So the storyline for this year's grand final is more like 08 than 12 for us. Huge underdogs and I think I prefer it this way.

Sydney are the best team in the comp, but we can definitely give them a run for their money.

I agree, I also see a similarity to though in that we stumbled across the line in the prelim without playing our best footy. Hopefully the result is the same as 2008 rather than 2012 though.

Capper

Quote from: Mr.Craig on September 21, 2014, 06:06:46 PM
Not sure where this leaves Cyril. Don't think we can trust him for a full game. :-\
10 disposals, 3 mks, 3 tkls. How much game time did he get?

Capper

Both Hawks and Swans lost their 2nds GF now.

Mr.Craig

Quote from: tabs on September 21, 2014, 06:27:08 PM
Quote from: Mr.Craig on September 21, 2014, 06:06:46 PM
10 disposals, 3 mks, 3 tkls. How much game time did he get?

I believe 3 quarters.

Scrads

Stoked that I am going to be at the game!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D