Dayle Garlett charged with aggravated burglary, car theft

Started by Ricochet, September 19, 2014, 10:12:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/western-australia/failed-afl-recruit-dayle-garlett-charged-with-aggravated-burglary-car-theft/story-fnhocxo3-1227063661405

FAILED AFL recruit Dayle Garlett, 20, has been arrested on serious charges and is in custody in WA.

Garlett has been charged with aggravated burglary and stealing a motor vehicle. It is understood he is being held in custody.

The former Swan Districts player, who was overlooked in the National Draft as an 18-year-old due to his off-field lack of discipline, was given a lifeline last year when he was selected by Hawthorn.

But after doing four months of pre-season with the reigning AFL premiers, Garlett quit in March, citing homesickness and personal issues.

He returned to WA, but failed to find a home in the WAFL, despite being one of the most talented players in the competition.

Garlett is a former State 18s player who shone at the underage carnival and was touted as a potential top-10 draft pick, before off-discipline issues saw him snubbed by AFL clubs.

He was invited to train with Essendon but after completing several weeks of training, it is believed he returned to Perth and reportedly lapsed into unacceptable behaviour.

In 2013 Garlett stamped his AFL credentials with 45 goals from 19 games at Swans and a top-10 finish in the coveted Sandover Medal with 24 votes.

At the time he publicly claimed he was a reformed individual and was ready for the rigours of AFL footy.

Nige

Oh, I copied something about this and forgot to paste it somewhere on the forum haha.

BREAKING
Former Hawthorn listed player, Dayle Garlett has been arrested and is currently in police custody after stealing a car in Perth. What a waste of talent, could've been playing in a preliminary final this weekend.

Posted by that AFL Offseason page on Facebook.

Jukes

Just to think I wanted him at the dons :3

Coincidentally, he polled the same amount of Sandover votes as the current best player in the game.

JBs-Hawks

Mr.Craig

SydneyRox

RaisyDaisy

kilbluff1985

they hardly dodged a bullet they still a wasted a decent pick on him

every other team dodged a bullet

ossie85

If he needs money, I reckon I know a job that makes a bit....

.... but in serious, the guy needs to get his head in the right place and hope he finds it

Toga

Mailman the 2nd

j959

Quote from: ossie85 on September 19, 2014, 01:38:54 PM

.... but in serious, the guy needs to get his head in the right place and hope he finds it
obviously something's going on ... when I hear of this sort of thing I wonder ... what's his family support like if any??

Ricochet

Quote from: j959 on September 19, 2014, 02:35:18 PM
Quote from: ossie85 on September 19, 2014, 01:38:54 PM

obviously something's going on ... when I hear of this sort of thing I wonder ... what's his family support like if any??
Zero mate.
Poor kid has no structure in his life.

Kellogscrunchynut

Perhaps he should get in contact with someone like Andrew Krakour to give him some guidance.

Ricochet

Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on September 19, 2014, 05:38:01 PM
Perhaps he should get in contact with someone like Andrew Krakour to give him some guidance.
Think that already happened while Garlett was at Swan Districts. He needs someone in his life that will be there to guide him nearly every day, because he just doesn't have that.