Main Menu

McKenna trouble

Started by kilbluff1985, September 18, 2014, 09:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBs-Hawks

Think the major factor here is the lack of depth Mckenna has compiled. Sure their top end guns are good but their reserves team were woeful not winning a game in the Neafl where  gws and sydney were 4 teams.

Ringo

Think that was the deciding factor JB with the Reserves not winning a match, highlighting the lack of depth.

Lez Do you think Suns will make a play for Sauce to return home being a Southport Boy.

Master Q

Quote from: ossie85 on October 01, 2014, 04:59:04 PM
Quote from: whatlez on October 01, 2014, 04:49:14 PM
Quote from: ossie85 on October 01, 2014, 04:47:40 PM
Quote from: whatlez on October 01, 2014, 04:46:28 PM
Jared sounds on the money though.

Gotta say, I know he had top talent, but the amount of young superstars they have is frightening. Hard to argue they haven't developed, when you compare them against the young talent of say Melbourne for instance.
GWS talent are developing faster/better. We are lucky we have Gary. Without Gary, the GC would be a very ordinary outfit. Don't want to say it.

It's not the Gold Coast's fault that the Giants spent all there money on Tom Scully. Plus they have a player called Callan Ward who ain't too bad.

The Suns had more wins at the same point in time. I'm not so sure to say the likes of Swallow, O'Meara, Bennell and co. have developed slower than Prestia, Coniglio and Whitfield...
Prestia plays for GC. But anyway, I think they're pretty even. GWS have Toby Greene, Devon Smith, Cameron...

ossie85

whoops, I meant Treloar :P No idea how I said Prestia

AaronKirk

Basically agree with what Mat said but have tad more closer information about the suns.

Bomber will coach the suns in 2015.

Bomber Thompson and Gary Ablett had a long and meaningful private conversation burying the hatchet during brownlow night.

Lock in Brenton Sanderson being Bomber's assistant.

kilbluff1985

btw remember on Brownlow night Ablett said he would be surprised if he got sacked and that he (Ablett) was meeting with the board after Grand Final weekend so would be interesting to know what happened

Mat0369

Campbell Brown was on the Rush Hour and they asked him about it. He said he wasn't surprised by the move and agrees with it. He said while McKenna has a lot of strengths including getting games into the right core group that will take them to a premiership, he also said that he had some glaring weaknesses he had not addressed. The example he gave was Clarko, he said you always knew where you stood with Clarko and he knew how to make the hard calls. The players have given the feedback to McKenna multiple times that he has to be harder on the group and stop sending mixed messages. He would tell players they were being rested when in fact they were being dropped. Brown said this was bad for the young group as it effected their psyche as they were trying to establish themselves and figuring where they were going wrong, with a lack of direct honest feedback and too much sugarcoating this hurt the group. So in the long run it looks like the right move. He said it had to be done now because they will play finals next year and the move would be far to difficult to make then. He said finals will be a lock next season and even Bill Brownless could get that squad into finals next season with the amount of talent they have