Main Menu

McKenna trouble

Started by kilbluff1985, September 18, 2014, 09:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

Barrett reporting the Suns have failed to  commit to him in 2015

Ringo

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-18/bluey-meets-the-board

"GUY MCKENNA'S tenure as Gold Coast coach is on shaky ground after a Suns board meeting called for a full review of the football department.

Chairman John Witheriff confirmed the review would be conducted immediately with results to be known within the next fortnight."

Obviusly they failed to commit him till 2015 whilst review is being considered.  Obviusly he is in some trouble especially with tjhe Suns reserve grade side winless in the NEAFL.

Nige

This is getting really interesting!

AaronKirk

He will be gone.

The word on the street here over the last few weeks is that he needed to really come up with a good explanation apart from "Ablett was injured" for the reason they missed the finals. McKenna presented to the board and from what I have heard the board at this stage believe he is not the best person to coach them to a premiership in the next 5 years (which is their minimum target).

Added on top of that is the fact that there are a whole bunch of their young star players who will be out of contract in the next 2 seasons have basically said that they will leave if McKenna is still coach. Basically this is exactly what happened at Adelaide,  a falling out between key players and the coach and the coach is sacked.

RaisyDaisy

Barrett will be up any moment now on The Footy Show

RaisyDaisy

Looks like a full review is about to be done

I think we can assume that at the end of it, Guy probably wont be around

Grazz

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 18, 2014, 10:13:55 PM
Looks like a full review is about to be done

I think we can assume that at the end of it, Guy probably wont be around

Yeh its what my gut is telling me also.

kilbluff1985

Pretty harsh

They had other injuries to key players besides Ablett after round 16

Ricochet

Nige

I save this one for special occasions.

T Dog

Internal reviews..pffft..just rubber stamping some decisions..if they were serious, surely an outside independent view may have been sought. If it is so obvious internally why isn't sorted already?  :-\
Did hear a good remark on the radio this morning..."There will be a queue from the Gold Coast to Warrnambool of hopeful coaches wanting to work with that list"  :D

SydneyRox

Quote from: Ricochet on September 18, 2014, 11:13:05 PM
Bomber to GC

You would think locking that in is just the best outcome

Capper

a couple of things

the GC havent played for weeks and this is only coming up now??

also is the fact that GAJ hasnt signed on yet a sign that he doesnt want McKenna to be there?

If GAj doesnt sign, how do you get other players, sponsors, coaches to that club?? Dont want this to turn out like the A-League and the GC club folds

Capper

It also appears that the NRL GC team will be relocated to Brisbane and be the 2nd Brisbane based team next year.

Not good for the GC

nrich102

Quote from: tabs on September 19, 2014, 03:30:53 PM
It also appears that the NRL GC team will be relocated to Brisbane and be the 2nd Brisbane based team next year.

Not good for the GC
Whats this you're saying?