Main Menu

REPORT: Sando Sacked

Started by RaisyDaisy, September 17, 2014, 06:30:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Riccuito is great mates with Goodwin. Might be something in that then

RaisyDaisy

Meow raised a good point in the Trades Rumour thread: Could this effect Dangerfield re-signing?

He loves Sando

Ricochet

Best win % by coach of interstate club (min 3 yrs)

Lyon, Fre (68%)
Malthouse, WCE (65%)
Matthews, BL (61%)
Sanderson, Ade (57%)

ADEZ

Nige

Posted this on chat about half an hour ago.

[18:15] Nigel: Joshua Kay ‏@js_kay 2mBrenton Sanderson won 56.52% of the 69 games in which he coached @Adelaide_FC It's the highest winning % that any Crows coach has ever had

LF

Mr.Craig

How long have I been asleep? Is it April 1st already?

quinny88

Wtfff  :o talk about throwing the baby out with the bath water.
Reminds me of Richmond in the 90's.. "Just miss out on finals hey? SACKED"

Not sure what the expectation is at Adelaide? I feel like they are sitting roughly where they should be.
That prelim final year was an overachievement largely aided by an easy fixture and huge amount of confidence which is still the most underrated thing in football. If they think that's where they should be then they are sadly mistaken. They don't have a top 4 list yet, particularly when they lost Tippet who has left a huge hole. Very rough on Sando

RaisyDaisy

Must have been the whinging about the Brisbane weather a few weeks back....

Nah, he has been made the scapegoat here, and is mighty stiff to be sacked

Should get picked up by another club easily, but perhaps not as Senior Coach (Dont think there are any positions available YET)

Mr.Craig

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Mr.Craig on September 17, 2014, 07:04:27 PM
Gary Ayres to return.  :P

Was seriously going to post this in the OP

From what I've heard he is loving coaching as much as ever, and would love a crack at AFL Level again

Oh the Irony!

Jay

All throughout the year Danger has said he'll be at the club as long as Sando is. So yes, Id expect this to have an impact.

I'm hearing that senior players requested to have Sando sacked, don't ask me who but that's what I've heard. Would expect those players to be the next to go.

5AA interviewed the new CEO on Monday and there was no mention of Sando so the writing was on the wall.

It's strange that we extended his contract not long ago, but there was a clause saying if we didn't make the finals it would be cancelled.

Nige

We can pretty much lock in Danger to the Cats some time this off-season.

Rusty00

Quote from: quinny88 on September 17, 2014, 07:01:38 PM
Wtfff  :o talk about throwing the baby out with the bath water.
Reminds me of Richmond in the 90's.. "Just miss out on finals hey? SACKED"

Not sure what the expectation is at Adelaide? I feel like they are sitting roughly where they should be.
That prelim final year was an overachievement largely aided by an easy fixture and huge amount of confidence which is still the most underrated thing in football. If they think that's where they should be then they are sadly mistaken. They don't have a top 4 list yet, particularly when they lost Tippet who has left a huge hole. Very rough on Sando
I don't need to write out a post now as this is pretty much word for word what I was going to say.

The timing of this strongly suggests to me Goodwin will be the new coach.

Mr.Craig

Might sound crazy but what if the Crows hierarchy wanted to put Danger up for trade but Sando was 100% against it and there was a rift?