Which state league is the best in the country?

Started by nrich102, September 15, 2014, 06:57:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrich102

Pretty simple really, which state league is the best? I don't think other or NEAFL will get too many votes.

Btw. First topic O0

Ricochet

2013 WA defeated VIC by 17pts
2014 WA defeated NEAFL by 85 pts

8) :P

Tominator

For juniors, the TAC Cup.  For the big boys, the SANFL. No question IMO

Mr.Craig

Mailman the 2nd

Mat0369

The VFL. They have the most AFL listed players of any state level competition and Port Melbourne has arguable been the strongest stand alone team of any other in the country

Nige

Quote from: Mat0369 on September 15, 2014, 01:12:53 PM
The VFL. They have the most AFL listed players of any state level competition and Port Melbourne has arguable been the strongest stand alone team of any other in the country

Mr.Craig

Quote from: Nige on September 15, 2014, 01:18:40 PM
Quote from: Mat0369 on September 15, 2014, 01:12:53 PM

ossie85

Mat0369

Quote from: Mr.Craig on September 15, 2014, 01:34:05 PM

Considering what he has done with that side I am surprised no one has come knocking to get him back into the AFL

Spinking

Lol. How has this thread not exploded yet.  :o

Would like to see a State of Origin comp, minus the AFL players...

Ringo

Why not a knock out competition of all the League Premiers to decide the Overall Premier.

Would be interesting to see the result as in the NEAFL we saw a Team of virtual no names  Aspley Hornets defeat the Swans Reserves containing a number of players that played first grade this year.

Taking it further maybe reorganise the draws of these leagues to enable the above to take place with the GF played as the curtain raiser to the AFL GF.

ossie85

Ringo

agree Oss but I just think that with player movements from the clubs it is not necessarily a true indication of the previous season hence my suggestion. Aspley Hornets will go into the Foxtel cup next year but already 2 players have retired including their Captain "Bushy" Copeland.

Ricochet

A knock out comp of all the league premiers is the same though, being based on the previous year's results.
Foxtel Cup is probably the closest we will ever get in the near future.
I really enjoy the comp, it adds a bit more for the boys and fans.