Main Menu

FF Changes and Suggestions

Started by Vinny, September 14, 2014, 06:44:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Ringo

Quote from: Nige on September 14, 2014, 11:44:02 PM
Quote from: Hellopplz on September 14, 2014, 11:35:30 PM
I'll probably just make a child board for AFL section for "Other Leagues" eventually, as probably wouldn't get enough interest alone to have a board for each one.
Yeah, I think maybe a 'State Leagues' child board would be nice. Often getting updates guys like Ringo on the NEAFL, tbag on the SANFL and I know myself and a number of others have interest in the VFL, so that would be great. Then we could just start threads for each league within the board.
Just a note though my notes on NEAFL relate to Lions involvement and is posted in L:ions Board similar to those who do Swans Write ups. If I have time may extend to other Teams but with the NEAFL across 2 states and the NT is a little difficult to collate all info. 

CrowsFan

While you're at it adding the state league board HP you should change Western Sydney to GWS. And also put the state league board at the end, I don't like it ahead of Adelaide :P

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Honey Badger on September 15, 2014, 09:26:39 AM
While you're at it adding the state league board HP you should change Western Sydney to GWS. And also put the state league board at the end, I don't like it ahead of Adelaide :P

Yes to this

Also, might be an idea for somebody who knows a lot about each state league to start a general discussion thread

WAFL General Discussion Thread
VFL General Discussion Thread
etc...

RaisyDaisy

I dont even know what Mr Football is, but considering there hasnt been a post made in over 6 months is that worth getting scrapped as well? Or at least made a child board of another section?

m0nty

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 15, 2014, 11:27:48 AM
I dont even know what Mr Football is, but considering there hasnt been a post made in over 6 months is that worth getting scrapped as well? Or at least made a child board of another section?

Nope, that stays. I still have high hopes for Mr Football.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 15, 2014, 09:38:11 AM
Quote from: Honey Badger on September 15, 2014, 09:26:39 AM
Yes to this

Also, might be an idea for somebody who knows a lot about each state league to start a general discussion thread

WAFL General Discussion Thread
VFL General Discussion Thread
etc...
Yep, that was the plan as each don't have enough talk to have their own board, but certainly threads for each one the way to go! That and if anybody follows a team strongly, they can make a thread on them :P.

Jroo

Congrats to HP on the promotion.

Not sure if you can control this, but the 20PM limit an hour is really annoying (especially when you have multiple XV teams).
I was thinking maybe coaches (1,00 posts or more) don't have this limit applied to them?

Justin Bieber

I actually can control the PM limits. Right now the only people with unlimited PMs are Moderators.

Think there's a cap kept because of potential users spamming others, so this would limit the amount they can send out. Can be a bugger for the people with multiple XV teams, but there are always other ways to discuss trade (e.g. Chat and other social media places, emails). Just don't think we should change it just yet, as doubt many non-XV coaches/assistants crack the 20 per hour often.

I've only cracked it once or twice really!

LF

archive all of the 2014 players profiles

GoldDigger

Quote from: m0nty on September 15, 2014, 01:15:44 AM
Quote from: Hellopplz on September 14, 2014, 11:35:30 PM
I'll probably just make a child board for AFL section for "Other Leagues" eventually, as probably wouldn't get enough interest alone to have a board for each one.

Love that!

Jroo

Quote from: Hellopplz on September 16, 2014, 02:30:29 PM
I actually can control the PM limits. Right now the only people with unlimited PMs are Moderators.

Think there's a cap kept because of potential users spamming others, so this would limit the amount they can send out. Can be a bugger for the people with multiple XV teams, but there are always other ways to discuss trade (e.g. Chat and other social media places, emails). Just don't think we should change it just yet, as doubt many non-XV coaches/assistants crack the 20 per hour often.

I've only cracked it once or twice really!
Yeah I guess that's true. Not a massive issue, but would be helpful.

Mr.Craig

I think the PM limit for recipients should be raised from 10 to 17 so you can contact everyone in a league with one message.

BB67th

Quote from: Mr.Craig on September 16, 2014, 03:50:22 PM
I think the PM limit for recipients should be raised from 10 to 17 so you can contact everyone in a league with one message.
This is a good idea. It can get annoying having to send multiple messages out so that you can contact everyone in your league. It would be a lot easier to message everyone at once.

Justin Bieber

Yeah, was looking around for that previously to raise it up for Admins of the XV systems, but have been unable to find that function at the moment :(.