Preliminary Final vs Hawthorn Discussion.

Started by KoopKicka, September 14, 2014, 12:50:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

quinny88

True but I still think the AFL would like it.
Not a good look when the same teams keep getting in.

Grazz

Quote from: Slashers on September 14, 2014, 12:58:13 AM
Just quickly, I would like to say how disappointed I am that the "HA HA!" thread got closed!
Basically I was just saying Port would beat Freo and I was told by several members (cough, cough, Grazz & Mailman the 2nd, cough....), that it would bite me me in the arse and that I'd look very silly tonight.... but.... well, we know what actually happened.
Have a great Mad Monday Pav! Start preparing for 2015...!
Right, said, continue with the vs Hawks discussion...

Again check your facts before you have a rant, find one comment other than "im reluctant to make big statements as they have an uncanny knack of coming back and biting you in the @rse" i said this as i knew you would draw some flack and almost immediately you did, none of it from me. Nowhere have i had a go at you or said anything other than Port are a real chance to knock off Freo. Be as happy and cocky as you like you've earnt that right, Port played very well but you havent taken any points off me.
Anytime you feel like telling me you got it wrong feel free.

Jay

If Port play like they did last night, they'll be down 10 goals at half time. Hawks will make them pay, Freo did not.

Dudge

I reckon you're right Jayman, a 1st half like last nights against the Hawks, it could very well be curtains for us. Also must admit, Freo had some big outs last night. I'm so proud of the boys to come back from 31 points down on their home deck. 3 or 4 years ago. we would of lost that game by 10 goals. And yes, Freo missed some easy goals in the 1st half, but that's what we did in our previous game against them. Can't wait for next week, but the Hawks will be well rested, and are almost at full strength. But we can dare to dream I guess

GM

Quote from: Jayman on September 14, 2014, 08:46:49 AM
If Port play like they did last night, they'll be down 10 goals at half time. Hawks will make them pay, Freo did not.
What if's are irrelevant.
If the Kangaroos kicked straight in the first half in the 98 grand final the Crows would of lost by 10 goals.
They didn't and thats History.

GM

Just quickly, I would like to say how disappointed I am that the "HA HA!" thread got closed!
Basically I was just saying Port would beat Freo and I was told by several members (cough, cough, Grazz & Mailman the 2nd, cough....), that it would bite me me in the arse and that I'd look very silly tonight.... but.... well, we know what actually happened.
Cmon Slash as a fellow Port Supporter show some humility.
Yes there are some clowns on here but Grazz is not one of them.
(even though he supports the Crows , lol.
You need to refrain mate as you are dropping the standard  of the high quality of Port supporters on here .

PowerBug

I jokingly called a Port vs North Grand final on Friday morning... :o

powersuperkents

Quote from: Jayman on September 14, 2014, 08:46:49 AM
+1

Although I have to agree that the what ifs are irrelevant (because Port only played like that in the first half because Freo clamped them, something only the Swans & Dockers can do, and we saw how that worked out. All their energy was gone in the first half because it is difficult to clamp fast teams (Port and North can't be clamped, they've proven it this season).

However, I do agree. If Port allow Hawthorn to create the amount of opportunities Freo created. They won't hesitate to score. If Hawthorn earn the first 10 scoring shot, it is highly likely they'll have the first 10 goals. I'm not doubting the Hawks accuracy. But they play a different style of football and I think it'll most likely be an even game from beginning to end. Ultimately, either Port outrun them, or Hawthorn wins. I don't see it any other way.

Either way, very proud of Port this season and although a win would be fantastic, they've had a fantastic season anyway. I've continuously heard people doubt them this season and the last, but I guess that's what sets them apart from the opposition. The ability to defy the odds and win when no other team could. Truly been an inspirational team under Boak, Koch and Hinkley - and to think only a week ago people were again writing us off against Richmond!!! I'd always say learn from Collingwood's mistake haha

Also going into the prelims, I think North Melbourne really haven't got enough credit, this is a fantastic team and I think that they may not be the favourites (Swans definitely are) but I think someone would be stupid to write them off. Really the surprise packet this season and definitely one of the best prospective lists in the AFL 

GM

We also need to remember Freo clamped down on the Hawks only a month ago and the Hawks could not respond like Port did last night.
The Kangaroos pace showed against The Hawks that they are vulnerable with pace and intent.

Slashers

Quote from: greenmoon on September 14, 2014, 11:01:20 AM
Cmon Slash as a fellow Port Supporter show some humility.
Yes there are some clowns on here but Grazz is not one of them.
(even though he supports the Crows , lol.
You need to refrain mate as you are dropping the standard  of the high quality of Port supporters on here .
C'mon bud, this is the Port section of the forum.
No need to get personal and insult me the way you are.
I'll leave the humility you guys so desperately seek to coach Ken.
"Don't go quietly" is the AFL Finals moto. Your team is on the verge of creating history, get involved and grow some...

Grazz

Should grow a pair yourself before inviting others to do the same and say "Yep i was wrong Grazz". :P

Slashers

Quote from: Grazz on September 14, 2014, 01:21:18 PM
Should grow a pair yourself before inviting others to do the same and say "Yep i was wrong Grazz". :P
LOL, not happening.... so move on.
The result of demanding an apology is uniformly poor.

KoopKicka

Keep it civil, we still have a long way to go, we can't get ahead of ourselves just yet. Let others say what they want. Even if we get flogged this weekend the season has still been an overwhelming success and it is delightful to watch them play at the moment.

powersuperkents

Why are you taking it so personally Grazz? haha

Can I read the previous dispute you to are talking about for some clarification. I think you guys are in need of some mediation by the fanfooty community.

But yeah, it look like Slash is just enjoying the finals like any long-time port supporter (hate the bandwagon supporters)

Justin Bieber

Nothing warning worthy yet, just be careful guys :P.

As Powersuperkents said, Slashers is probably just happy to see Port get up and a game away from another Grand Final, so having a go at nay sayers (in general, since I haven't read the Ha Ha thread fully to know who they are specifically).