Bad luck Cats, Suns lock away Gazza

Started by Ricochet, September 12, 2014, 09:38:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-12/suns-lock-up-gazza?utm_medium=RSS

DUAL Brownlow medallist Gary Ablett has extended his contract with Gold Coast and will remain the AFL's highest paid player.

The 30-year-old was coming off contract at the end of next season, but it's understood the new deal takes the superstar midfielder through to the end of the 2018 season.

The contract extension should finally end speculation Ablett could return to Geelong to finish his career.

Currently recovering from shoulder surgery, Ablett has taken a pay cut on the original five-year deal he signed when he left Geelong, although he will still make more than $1 million per season.

Grazz

Good luck to him. Respect for him has only increased since he went to GC. He is the master.

Capper

so he hasnt signed but should. I will wait till he signs

Master Q

Why does this rule out a possible Geelong return?

Ricochet

Because he'd be like 34-35 when it finishes lol. But I think it was more to do with speculation that he was going to return after this contract

Master Q

Quote from: Ricochet on September 20, 2014, 02:21:53 PM
Because he'd be like 34-35 when it finishes lol. But I think it was more to do with speculation that he was going to return after this contract
But he could play past 35  :P Fair enough though...

Ricochet

Quote from: Master Q on September 20, 2014, 02:23:49 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on September 20, 2014, 02:21:53 PM
But he could play past 35  :P Fair enough though...
Haha yeh if anyone else could it would definitely be GAJ