Main Menu

The Richmond Off-Season Megathread

Started by Nige, September 09, 2014, 07:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jroo

Quote from: shaker on September 11, 2014, 12:07:04 PM
Is Shiel really looking like leaving if so what would supporters be willing to put up to get him , can't remember but he was a very high draft pick ? our first pick won't do it are we willing to put up a good player maybe to another team to get another good pick for example Conca back west or give up our first pick plus a player to GWS , it would have to be a decent player to get it done ?
Just a rumour, so you'd think it's unlikely that he will move.
Wasn't drafted, he was pre-listed as a 17 year old.
I rate him as their best youngster, I'd give up our first rounder + someone like Conca in a heartbeat, even though I rate Recce too.
Tbh, I don't think we'll get him unless he walks out and since he's contracted beyond this year it's going to be very difficult.

shaker

Quote from: JROO8 on September 11, 2014, 12:11:05 PM
Quote from: shaker on September 11, 2014, 12:07:04 PM
Is Shiel really looking like leaving if so what would supporters be willing to put up to get him , can't remember but he was a very high draft pick ? our first pick won't do it are we willing to put up a good player maybe to another team to get another good pick for example Conca back west or give up our first pick plus a player to GWS , it would have to be a decent player to get it done ?
Just a rumour, so you'd think it's unlikely that he will move.
Wasn't drafted, he was pre-listed as a 17 year old.
I rate him as their best youngster, I'd give up our first rounder + someone like Conca in a heartbeat, even though I rate Recce too.
Tbh, I don't think we'll get him unless he walks out and since he's contracted beyond this year it's going to be very difficult.

Does not sound like it is going to happen but if it did would like to see us have a crack at him maybe we should look to draft for the best young speedsters available with what picks we have

Nige

So in Paige's latest phantom draft, she reckons the Suns love Laverde and will snap him up and reckons that Ahern may be our boy. I like Paul Ahern heaps, he's what we need (player comparison being Daisy) and I feel the same way about him as I did Beatle (Lennon) this time last year.

tbagrocks

So Ill contact Sando and work out the details but

Jarred Lyons for Ty Vickery ok with your mob? Ok cool!

elephants

Quote from: tbagrocks on September 13, 2014, 04:03:23 PM

You don't want that hack

Capper

Quote from: elephants on September 13, 2014, 06:53:37 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on September 13, 2014, 04:03:23 PM

You don't want that hack
are you serious sparkles? I dont know whether to report that response as spam or not?

quinny88

Nothing to bloody talk about  :-[

Name your best and worst moments of 2014!

Best: beating Sydney in round 23 to cap off the best ever comeback to the finals.

Worst: losing to Melbourne in Hafeys tribute game after his passing.

Nige

Quote from: quinny88 on September 15, 2014, 04:02:59 AM
Nothing to bloody talk about  :-[

Name your best and worst moments of 2014!

Best: beating Sydney in round 23 to cap off the best ever comeback to the finals.

Worst: losing to Melbourne in Hafeys tribute game after his passing.
Nailed it.  ;D :(

quinny88

Well done to Rance on his AA selection. Absolute gun defender.
I remember a few years ago having to hold my breathe and cringe any time he had the ball but now he has become such a good attacking defender while still being arguably the best shut down defender in the game

Jroo

flower Selwood looks good in a Tiges jumper.

quinny88

Haha doesn't he Jroo. He can keep it on  :P

Nige

I don't mind it. We'd be the No.1 team for frees for is he came to us. Him and Miles rack them up like there's no tomorrow.  :P

But yeah, Blease has left the Dees. I reckon we'll look at him.

Toga

Wouldn't be all that thrilled if we picked him up :-X

Jroo

Quote from: Toga on September 17, 2014, 05:24:21 PM
For a second I thought you were talking about Selwood  :o
If we get him for free, I wouldn't be too concerned. He can run and that's what we need.
But he isn't a great footballer.

Nige

Quote from: Toga on September 17, 2014, 05:24:21 PM
Yeah, neither. Given his history, too much risk for the possible but unlikely reward.