Main Menu

Delisting/Trades/Drafting Thread

Started by Mr.Craig, September 09, 2014, 06:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Quote from: Mr.Craig on September 20, 2014, 05:02:01 PM
Cheers. Wish the AFL actually published their own rules.
Yeah, agreed haha.

A few F/S nominations to come you would think.

Dogs with Cordy, Dees with Stretch, Weagles with Waterman, Pies with Moore and Hawks with Dear all off the top of my head. Might be a couple more. Plus there's at least one academy selection in Heeney.

Mr.Craig

Tyler Roos, Josh Clayton, Darcy Moore, Harry Dear, Alec Waterman, Billy Stretch, Zaine Cordy and Jayden Foster I think is the complete list.

Nige

Quote from: Mr.Craig on September 20, 2014, 05:09:53 PM
Tyler Roos, Josh Clayton, Darcy Moore, Harry Dear, Alec Waterman, Billy Stretch, Zaine Cordy and Jayden Foster I think is the complete list.
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/for-25-years-josh-claytons-father-has-drafted-teenagers-to-afl-clubs-this-year-he-hopes-its-his-turn-20140401-zqpg6.html

This article has the list.

The Dogs have heaps.

henry

Quote from: Nige on September 20, 2014, 05:26:19 PM
Quote from: Mr.Craig on September 20, 2014, 05:09:53 PM
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/for-25-years-josh-claytons-father-has-drafted-teenagers-to-afl-clubs-this-year-he-hopes-its-his-turn-20140401-zqpg6.html

This article has the list.

The Dogs have heaps.
Went to school with josh clayton was the year above him, would be great to see another bgs boy in the afl :)

Mr.Craig

So what type of players do people think Hawthorn should target in the draft? Any specific players you would like to see picked?

kilbluff1985

Mr.Craig

Some of the players that have been suggested for Hawthorn in the various phantom drafts...

First Round - Connor Blakely, Corey Ellis, Kyle Langford, Jackson Nelson, Peter Bampton, Tom Lamb

Second Round - Jaden McGrath, Jordan Cunico, Sean McLaren, Toby McLean, Tyler Keitel, Daniel Capiron

Third Round - Harry Dear, Daniel Nielson, Jarrod Garlett

Nige

Who do you like most out of all those boys Craig?

Mr.Craig

At first I was thinking Nelson for the first round but I just love the way Bampton and Blakely go about it. Big fan of Langford too.

So to answer your question, I really don't know yet. :-\ It's like a smorgasbord and I want to dump everything on my plate.

Nige

Quote from: Mr.Craig on September 21, 2014, 06:54:56 PM
At first I was thinking Nelson for the first round but I just love the way Bampton and Blakely go about it. Big fan of Langford too.

So to answer your question, I really don't know yet. :-\ It's like a smorgasbord and I want to dump everything on my plate.
Haha, I feel the same way. There's a number of guys I wouldn't mind the Tiges picking up and I don't know which one I want most. I'm liking Laverde, Ahern and Weller the most.

Mr.Craig

Sounds like Jordan Kelly has been told he's not required. Seems pretty harsh to me.  :(

Mr.Craig

A lot of people had been calling for Suckling to be traded, I just wonder if the grand final has swayed their opinion or the opinion of the club.

nrich102

Quote from: Mr.Craig on September 28, 2014, 11:53:55 AM
A lot of people had been calling for Suckling to be traded, I just wonder if the grand final has swayed their opinion or the opinion of the club.
Why? I'd happily take him at Brisbane :P

Ricochet

Blakely would be a great fit for Hawks I reckon mate. He's great inside and would complement Hill/Smith/etc as they go about their work on the outside

Mr.Craig

Two whole months until the draft.  :(

Trade period will be good though.