Main Menu

Delisting/Trades/Drafting Thread

Started by Mr.Craig, September 09, 2014, 06:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Craig

Starting this as a one stop shop for player movements in the off season.

I'd like to begin by talking about Harry Dear. Due to injury he's played just 9 games in his TAC career (all this year) and it looks like he might have picked something up that ended his season early. Those concerns aside there's some exciting potential, the kid is already 198cm/97kg (Roughy is 193cm/100kg for comparison). He does some similar things to Roughy too - takes a great grab, likes to tackle and can help out in the ruck when needed. Also a dead eye dick, having slotted 18.3 this season. He could be really important for us, particularly if O'Brien doesn't step up.

Bound For Glory Draft Profile
YouTube Highlights

Nige

Mr.Craig

Various trade whispers have included Mitch Clark, Jake Carlisle, Kristian Jaksch, Sam Frost, Jonathon O'Rourke and Dylan Shiel.

Suggested trade bait being Hallahan, Woodward, Grimley and Suckling.

Lowden to Port seems a possibility but Geelong has been mentioned too.

Whether any of that eventuates is another thing entirely...

Nige

Surely you wouldn't trade Woodward just after he won the Liston.  :o

Could see the Hawks easily making a play for Clark or Carlisle.

JBs-Hawks

Mr.Craig

Scrads

Mr.Craig

I thought that too, but the club website and Footywire have him at 193.

henry

Quote from: Mr.Craig on September 09, 2014, 07:45:46 PM
Various trade whispers have included Mitch Clark, Jake Carlisle, Kristian Jaksch, Sam Frost, Jonathon O'Rourke and Dylan Shiel.

Suggested trade bait being Hallahan, Woodward, Grimley and Suckling.

Lowden to Port seems a possibility but Geelong has been mentioned too.

Whether any of that eventuates is another thing entirely...

Grimley and Suckling I wouldn't particularly like to lose, but if it's part of being a successful team then I wouldn't mind trading them if we can keep others, they would have some currency too you'd think.

Would be very very upset if Hallahan or Woodward left, both have big roles in our future, replacing the likes of sewell, hodge, mitchell and lewis.

Spite

Nige

Mr.Craig

Mr.Craig

I wonder when the cut off for F/S nominations is? Still haven't heard anything about Harry.

Nige

Quote from: Mr.Craig on September 20, 2014, 04:47:50 PM
I wonder when the cut off for F/S nominations is? Still haven't heard anything about Harry.
A Google search found this:

http://www.saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=87116

Looks like October 3rd.

Mr.Craig

Cheers. Wish the AFL actually published their own rules.