Preliminary Final Hawks vs Port Discussion

Started by Mr.Craig, September 05, 2014, 11:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Quote from: Grazz on September 20, 2014, 11:57:35 AM
Quote from: Nige on September 20, 2014, 11:55:43 AM
Quote from: Grazz on September 20, 2014, 11:48:39 AM
Quote from: Mr.Craig on September 20, 2014, 11:45:56 AM
Safe to say this will be a more entertaining contest than last night.

Really hope so, we have had a great finals series, last nights game was a bit of a blowout but the rest have been pretty good games.
I have also erased the Port vs Tigers game from my memory.

Yep that one also not so great, i had kinda forgotten about it also.
It was Port's fault for kicking 2121379213 first quarter goals. If they had kicked only say 4 goals in the first, it could have been a ripper.  :P

Jay

Quote from: Nige on September 20, 2014, 12:00:37 PM

Really hope so, we have had a great finals series, last nights game was a bit of a blowout but the rest have been pretty good games.

It was Port's fault for kicking 2121379213 first quarter goals. If they had kicked only say 4 goals in the first, it could have been a ripper.  :P
Or even if Cotchin had kicked with the wind :P

Nige

Quote from: Jayman on September 20, 2014, 12:07:59 PM
Quote from: Nige on September 20, 2014, 12:00:37 PM

Or even if Cotchin had kicked with the wind :P
Oi, a lot of people have come out and defended Cotch's decision. Include Kenny Hinkley!  ;)

henry

Quote from: _wato on September 18, 2014, 07:37:21 PM
Quote from: Mr.Craig on September 18, 2014, 07:11:46 PM
What the flower Hawthorn? We drop one of our hardest players for one of our softest? Are we aware it's a final?

Not happy.

Think Hawks are genuinely worried by Port's outside leg speed, hence why they dropped Sewell - Although, PA will have a very serious advantage in the contested ball around the ground with Lewis (10.5), Mitchell (9.9) Langford (10) the only three around 10 cp's per game with PA led by Boak (12.4), Wines (12) and Robbie Gray (11.7) among others. Sewell had to be dropped I think, was playing a half forward role last week and that's not his best role.
Yep completely agree, their leg speed is our biggest danger. With sewell playing, as well as hodge, mitchell and lewis who are all a bit one-paced, there was a greater danger of being exposed. Suckling gives us a greater balance in that respect. We should be able to beat the power for hardness without sewell playing. If we do win though, he may come back, is a very interesting question, let's focus on winning today first.
I'm going to the ground in a couple of hours, really looking forward to it  :)

Grazz

Not kicking with the wind was a mistake no two ways about it. Win the toss kick with the wind its a given thats what should happen.
I think those that are defending Cotch are just trying to limit the flack, it was and always will be a mistake. Your on your opponents home deck in a final you have a chance to kick with the wind get off to a good start, silence the crowd possibly and you dont take it,
thats a flower up.

Scrads

People should lay off Cotchin, kicking the other way was not a 10-goal decision.

Flower I can't handle today, less than 2 hours just hurry up game :(

Have this sneaky feeling Hartung might be a late in hey!

Dudge

Quote from: Scrads on September 20, 2014, 03:02:51 PM
People should lay off Cotchin, kicking the other way was not a 10-goal decision.

For who?

Grazz

Quote from: Scrads on September 20, 2014, 03:02:51 PM

Mate i know several people that were at the game and to a man they say there was a 4-5 goal breeze, you win the toss you kick with the wind, even J Brown said it. Cotch got it wrong.

tor01doc

Mr.Craig

Don't want to bring the vibe down but I'm a little ticked off at Brad Hill.

He butchered two inside 50's in the first quarter when we were struggling to hang in there and then we're 28 points up in the last, the ball goes through him (which could happen to anyone) but he just stands there looking goofy as if to say "Flower it, we've won anyway, no need to try and make a contest out of it." Seriously, that shower is not good enough.

Nige

Quote from: Mr.Craig on September 20, 2014, 08:51:56 PM

He butchered two inside 50's in the first quarter when we were struggling to hang in there and then we're 28 points up in the last, the ball goes though him (which could happen to anyone) but he just stands there looking goofy as if to say "Flower it, we've won anyway, no need to try and make a contest out of it." Seriously, that shower is not good enough.
Sounds like something old mate Lumumba would do.  :P

Grazz

Quote from: Mr.Craig on September 20, 2014, 08:51:56 PM

He butchered two inside 50's in the first quarter when we were struggling to hang in there and then we're 28 points up in the last, the ball goes though him (which could happen to anyone) but he just stands there looking goofy as if to say "Flower it, we've won anyway, no need to try and make a contest out of it." Seriously, that shower is not good enough.

Thought it looked a bit ordinary to mate. :o

Mr.Craig

On a more upbeat note, I would like to give Langford a big hug.

Nige

Quote from: Mr.Craig on September 20, 2014, 10:02:02 PM
The kid was incredible.

He's only played like what? 19 games or something. Looks clear best 22 at the moment.

Rusty00

Quote from: Mr.Craig on September 20, 2014, 10:02:02 PM
Bloody great game from Langford, particularly in the first half when Port were dominating the clearances. He was the only one holding his own in there. Thought Duryea was pretty good as well.