Main Menu

EXV: Huge News

Started by Holz, September 05, 2014, 05:08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

I have decided to step down as head coach of Serbia after 3 years with club. I have felt its best for the comp for me to instead try and rebuild the Dino's after they were largely uncompetitive for much of the year and have had no coach for the last half of the season.

The Euro has slipped this year and that was my fault due to lack of activity but hopefully with that fixed we can have a much better year next year. Besides Serbia and the Dutch the comp has been incredibly even and I feel this is a strength of the Euro. With that I have also made the move to bring Todd Goldstein to the Dinos as part of a one of equalisation.

Serbia was 8.4 points clear of the next best in the home and away and have Sandi and Clarke so shouldn't be too negatively effected. Dinos were a massive 17.1 points per week worse than the 13th ranked team and the addition of a good ruck should help catch quite abit of that up instead of OOP. I decided with a few others not to give Serbia anything in this move as they are already strong enough.

Trading will be open within a week so look out for that, hopefully alot of deals are done. I will be stricter in the trading this year as the comp is pretty even at the moment so will try and keep it that way.

Nrich has been selected to take over the Eagles and should do a good job with them. I wish him the best of luck and lets see if the cursed Eagles can finally win something other than minor premierships.

Nige

Well done Holz, I think this is a good move for the sake of the comp.

Ziplock

Quote from: Holzman on September 05, 2014, 05:08:33 PM
I have decided to step down as head coach of Serbia after 3 years with club. I have felt its best for the comp for me to instead try and rebuild the Dino's after they were largely uncompetitive for much of the year and have had no coach for the last half of the season.

The Euro has slipped this year and that was my fault due to lack of activity but hopefully with that fixed we can have a much better year next year. Besides Serbia and the Dutch the comp has been incredibly even and I feel this is a strength of the Euro. With that I have also made the move to bring Todd Goldstein to the Dinos as part of a one of equalisation.

Serbia was 8.4 points clear of the next best in the home and away and have Sandi and Clarke so shouldn't be too negatively effected. Dinos were a massive 17.1 points per week worse than the 13th ranked team and the addition of a good ruck should help catch quite abit of that up instead of OOP. I decided with a few others not to give Serbia anything in this move as they are already strong enough.

Trading will be open within a week so look out for that, hopefully alot of deals are done. I will be stricter in the trading this year as the comp is pretty even at the moment so will try and keep it that way.

Nrich has been selected to take over the Eagles and should do a good job with them. I wish him the best of luck and lets see if the cursed Eagles can finally win something other than minor premierships.

Top bloke holz.

Ricochet

Justin Bieber

Holz quit Eagles because he knew he couldn't get them over the line :o. #ScumbagHP

Vinny

Good stuff Holz and welcome to EXV NRich. ;)

Holz

thanks guys, should be a really good year next year.

might as well take this as an oppurunity to plug my new team, we have loads of young mids and no established mids forwards or backs. Looking to trade so shot me your PMs

elephants

Onya Holz, good form mate. Will be interesting to see if you can replicate the transformation at the Dinos that you did at Dublin and Serbia or if you just got lucky ;)

Holz

Quote from: elephants on September 05, 2014, 05:52:24 PM
Onya Holz, good form mate. Will be interesting to see if you can replicate the transformation at the Dinos that you did at Dublin and Serbia or if you just got lucky ;)

and the banter begins.

watch out I actually don't mind the list too much and doesnt hurt they have a gun coach. Lets see if again I can outcoach the might of Belgium's coaching pannell on my own.

got to turn the ego up to usual Holz level, the recent positivity towards me just feels unnatural.

Vinny

I am sure a couple wooden spoons will look good next to your fluky WXV flag Holz. ;)

elephants

Quote from: Holzman on September 05, 2014, 05:55:09 PM

and the banter begins.

watch out I actually don't mind the list too much and doesnt hurt they have a gun coach. Lets see if again I can outcoach the might of Belgium's coaching pannell on my own.

got to turn the ego up to usual Holz level, the recent positivity towards me just feels unnatural.

Haha out-coach us? You mean like when we knocked you off in the H&A season this year? :P

Holz

Quote from: elephants on September 05, 2014, 06:11:40 PM

and the banter begins.

Haha out-coach us? You mean like when we knocked you off in the H&A season this year? :P

Would put the prelim victory ahead of a home and away game but that's just me.

Anyway that's Serbia they are chockers, best list easy and still couldn't win.

elephants

Quote from: Holzman on September 05, 2014, 06:17:39 PM
Quote from: elephants on September 05, 2014, 06:11:40 PM

and the banter begins.

Would put the prelim victory ahead of a home and away game but that's just me.

Anyway that's Serbia they are chockers, best list easy and still couldn't win.

Each to their own, I prefer h&a :P

nrich102

It's an honour to be named as the Coach of the Eagles.

Quote from: Ricochet on September 05, 2014, 05:20:20 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on September 05, 2014, 05:15:34 PM
Top bloke holz.
Onya holz for taking charge to make the competition more even.

The Serbian Eagles B&F award will be renamed after Holz, to remember his time at the club.

I look forward to taking the team to a premiership this year  8)

Nige

Quote from: nrich102 on September 05, 2014, 09:04:12 PM
It's an honour to be named as the Coach of the Eagles.

Quote from: Ricochet on September 05, 2014, 05:20:20 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on September 05, 2014, 05:15:34 PM
Top bloke holz.
Onya holz for taking charge to make the competition more even.

The Serbian Eagles B&F award will be renamed after Holz, to remember his time at the club.

I look forward to taking the team to a premiership this year  8)
I thought you were gonna do that with the Breakers after their 2013.  ;) #banter