Main Menu

Jackson retires

Started by Ricochet, September 05, 2014, 12:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toga

I half expected this to happen, so not that surprised tbh (called it a few weeks ago in one of the threads).

Jacko is someone that has got the most out of himself as a person on the field, but is obviously very involved in the wider community and is quite public that there is still a lot he'd like to achieve with his life off the field. That run of injuries earlier in the year had me thinking that if he couldn't get himself right by the end of the year that this could well be his last, so he can go ahead and pursue his off-field goals.

Well done to him, as he definitely got the most out of himself as a player. Big decision to make on the eve of finals, but have to respect him for making that call

quinny88

There has to be more to this that were not hearing.
He hasn't been a player that's battled injuries his whole career. He only just came good last year and won the b&f.
Granted he's had some bad luck with injuries this year but he's only 28 and could have potentially played another 4+ years.
Plus he was named in the extended team so must have been close to a return. Maybe didn't want to hurt the team this week but what if we got through and he could be ready next week?
I know he's battled with depression in the past so perhaps that has something to do with it? Just doesn't add up. The timing is very strange.