Main Menu

Trades????????

Started by chich94, March 17, 2010, 01:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chich94

By the end of the season, should you have used up all or close to all your trades that you have available to you??

that is, should you plan your team so you use up your trades???

obviously taking out a few trades for injuries.

what do you think?

gerco

I'll be trying to take 6 trades into the final series with me, with the emphasis of trying.

How I use my other 14 trades will be dependent on the performances of the players I've picked, the performances of the players I've not picked and the injury bug.

chich94

thanks for you opinion mate, any others out there??

yorgis

you need to keep as many trades as poss for finals especially if you dont get a double chance I found last year i did'nt have enough to cover the st kilda players who were rested for the last couple of weeks ie our finals. got to have at least 5 trades i reckon

Arky

Depends on whether you are trying for the best possible national ranking or to win your leagues.

To go for national ranking you need to plan to use a lot of your trades through the middle of the season (reserving a few for later injuries of course) to increase your scoring early.

For a league win, being able to cover even a 1 week injury during the finals is more important than scoring an extra 10-20 points a game during the rest of the season, so you hold a lot more trades back if you can.

Resch

The winner of DT last year used their last trades in round 19. 

gerco

The winner of DT last year must not have had many Saint Kilda players then... I know that killed me in my PF.

Resch

Quote from: gerco on March 18, 2010, 12:25:37 AM
The winner of DT last year must not have had many Saint Kilda players then... I know that killed me in my PF.

The final team had Fisher, Goddard, Montagna and Riewoldt.  During the St Kilda "mini-holiday" Goddard, Roo and Montagna were on the bench.

Blueboys

I'll be selling my trades on ebay near the end!

Happy bidding!  ;D