Main Menu

Sydney finals campagin 2014

Started by j959, September 02, 2014, 07:27:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capper

None of his first half kicks hit their target in the first half. His defensive work was great but looked lost and unsettled with the ball

My Chumps

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on September 08, 2014, 12:18:45 AM
See I didn't think he played that badly. He shanked a few kicks and was unlucky that both turned into rebound goals, but he made plenty of spoils and Mayne didnt have a significant impact.

Freo is also meant to be one of the toughest defensive pressure teams so I thought he wasn't horrible
Agreed - copped serious criticism for a few early mistakes that cost us goals, but it's hard to expect a player in a relatively new position to him, playing in his first final to not make mistakes. Easier to say looking back with a win though I guess!

Looked dangerous a couple of times going forward. Could be crucial if Malceski's out for a while.

Quote from: tabs on September 08, 2014, 12:24:05 AM
None of his first half kicks hit their target in the first half. His defensive work was great but looked lost and unsettled with the ball
The commentators kept yapping on about this but it's not true; he had three kicks in the first half and I distinctly remember one of them hit the target  :P

Capper

Quote from: My Chumps on September 08, 2014, 12:35:00 AM
See I didn't think he played that badly. He shanked a few kicks and was unlucky that both turned into rebound goals, but he made plenty of spoils and Mayne didnt have a significant impact.

Freo is also meant to be one of the toughest defensive pressure teams so I thought he wasn't horrible
Agreed - copped serious criticism for a few early mistakes that cost us goals, but it's hard to expect a player in a relatively new position to him, playing in his first final to not make mistakes. Easier to say looking back with a win though I guess!

Looked dangerous a couple of times going forward. Could be crucial if Malceski's out for a while.

The commentators kept yapping on about this but it's not true; he had three kicks in the first half and I distinctly remember one of them hit the target  :P
define target??

His attack on the ball in the 4th quarter was impressive

j959

Quote from: tabs on September 08, 2014, 12:39:30 AM
Quote from: My Chumps on September 08, 2014, 12:35:00 AM

define target??
just didn't dispose of it cleanly & i'm pretty sure I saw him kick for goal a couple of times and he sprayed them both nowhere near goals.

look, he doesn't have to 'do' a lot, but he needs to be an impact player with some of his touches ... I'd be satisfied with 1-2 line-breaking runs and 2-3 clean inside fwd-50 entries ... then for him 'job's done'  8)   ;)

Capper

Mailman the 2nd

Good news about Malceski there.

If that's the only bad game a small forward/midfielder has coming into a defensive half back role than Rohan should be very proud of himself.

He's been very strong so far, he'll be better for it under finals pressure

Grazz

Capper

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on September 08, 2014, 04:34:58 PM

If that's the only bad game a small forward/midfielder has coming into a defensive half back role than Rohan should be very proud of himself.

the best thing is that he didnt drop his head, he got back up and soldiered on.

Dont expect any changes to be made to the Swans team next week

GoLions

Quote from: tabs on September 08, 2014, 04:50:31 PM
Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on September 08, 2014, 04:34:58 PM

the best thing is that he didnt drop his head, he got back up and soldiered on.

Dont expect any changes to be made to the Swans team next week
100% agree ;)

j959

Quote from: Grazz on September 08, 2014, 04:44:01 PM
Quote from: tabs on September 08, 2014, 04:29:38 PM
Eski cleared of hammy tear

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-08/relief-for-sore-swan

Thats great news for Swans and fans. Very important cog in the Swans machine.
thank flower for that ...  :o   8)

would've almost been as big a blow as M Johnson missing for Freo's finals campaign ... :-X   :P

My Chumps

Still would rather Mitchell over Goodes or Cunningham.

Capper

Quote from: My Chumps on September 10, 2014, 03:14:19 PM
Would rather all 3. Goodes for his height and presence, cunners kept Hills very quiet on the weekend

SydneyRox

Quote from: My Chumps on September 10, 2014, 03:14:19 PM

really? Goodes role as the 3rd fwd is more important to us than another inside mid IMO

and Cunners run has been very handy, his shutdown of hill last week VERY handy

Mailman the 2nd

Ideally I have Goodes retiring if we manage to win the flag, and Mitchell taking his spot as a rotating forward/mid with McGlynn.

Cunningham is needed now, otherwise our attack outside of Jetta and Rohan is slow, can't rely on guys like Shaw doing the mileage nowadays.

His spot is still there for next year I think.

SydneyRox

Yeah, I think almost no matter what Goodes goes at the end of the year. Would hate to see another ROK type senario but that might be where it is at?
Hopefully we can inject a Membrey/Towers kind of person in his place.

I think injury(since a few of them are getting on) and form are going to open doors in defence next year, if Rohan take that on then Titch can slot into the mids