Main Menu

Sydney finals campagin 2014

Started by j959, September 02, 2014, 07:27:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j959

JPK, Bird, McGlynn ins ...

Freo Michael Johnson out, Fyfe in

massive out for Freo, even with Fyfe in Swans would worst case slightly lose (unlikely) the contested possession from the midfield which will not be enough to limit supply to Buddy, Tippett, Reid/Goodes etc ...

Swans by 4 goals!  ;)

Mailman the 2nd

Yup no McPharlin or Johnson means we have strong favoritism. Pretty good record at ANZ in finals as well.

Bird apparently the only one not a >90% to come back in out of him, Pyke, Buddy, Mcglynn and JPK.

Towers, Biggs, Jones, Naismith all easy outs at the moment. Personally, Mitchell's stellar performance puts him ahead of Lloyd.

Hopefully the rain holds off a bit, because that'll make it easier

My Chumps

NEED Pyke to get up. If Naismith is up against Sandi then god help us  :-[

Hopefully it's dry so Buddy and Tippet can run wild without McPharlin or Johnson.

SydneyRox

yeah, dry weather we can kiss goodbye. think this is one reason that Titch needs to stay. if there is any suspect over jpk or mcglynn, Titch can get the inside job done

j959

Quote from: SydneyRox on September 02, 2014, 11:39:03 PM
yeah, dry weather we can kiss goodbye. think this is one reason that Titch needs to stay. if there is any suspect over jpk or mcglynn, Titch can get the inside job done
I've kept him as my DP most of the season ... never lost faith   ;)   :P   ;)

rain would really cancel out the advantage the Swans have in the fwd-line - is it forecast to rain for the game??  :-\

Ricochet

Quote from: j959 on September 03, 2014, 09:41:14 AM
Quote from: SydneyRox on September 02, 2014, 11:39:03 PM
I've kept him as my DP most of the season ... never lost faith   ;)   :P   ;)

rain would really cancel out the advantage the Swans have in the fwd-line - is it forecast to rain for the game??  :-\
Yeh they're predicting showers for the game.

Bring it on fellas 8)

stew42

What I said in a Swans FB group:

If McPharlin and Johnston are out, then the only way our fwds won't destroy them is of they monster our midfield (which is exactly what they did last year's final...) Another factor which might help Freo is the possibility of wet weather, which would impact Buddy and Tippett's marking ability, hamper our midfield plans, and help their small fwds who imo are the best in the comp. Our defenders can't be complacent. That said, I think our midfield strength and the players we have coming back will prove too much for them. Swans by 30.

SydneyRox

Yeah, game will be won in the mids. I think at our best JPK, Parker, Hanners and include Titch are pretty good scrap, wet weather players.

j959

Quote from: SydneyRox on September 03, 2014, 10:57:02 AM
Yeah, game will be won in the mids. I think at our best JPK, Parker, Hanners and include Titch are pretty good scrap, wet weather players.
we'd have to lose the contested possession and inside-50 count by a fair margin though for the fwd advantage (for Swans)/def disadvantage (for Freo) to play out ...

think I saw Freo out around $2.65 the day after their loss of Johnson came out ... think that's about right, though away from home I would've thought $2.85 would be more likely.  ;)

not sure what it is currently (wonder if the rain factor altered the odds much if at all) ...

JBs-Hawks

j959

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on September 03, 2014, 02:43:39 PM
See you guys in the GF ;)
don't get too far ahead of yourself!  :o   ;)

Ricochet

Talk on Twitter Grundy has hurt himself at training
JPK and McGlynn were moving well though

Mailman the 2nd

Apparently left the training track early. May well be nothing significant

stew42

valkorum