Main Menu

Finals footy 2014

Started by quinny88, September 01, 2014, 11:01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

powersuperkents

As a Port supporter, I have to say, this was the worst case scenario for finishing 5th. I would rather Port played the Crow, GCS, Essendon, Roos, the Magpies or the Eagles hahaha

I'm going to be honest. Richmond are a fantastic team, last season I thought they would be a premiership chance this year (unlikely but I could see them as the favourite out of the bottom 4 teams), they obviously disappointed the league in the first half of the season (idk what happened then) but winning 9-straight shows that next year they should be competing for the top 4. Obviously I hope Port win it, however it's is well and truly anyone's game this round. Richmond aren't phased by home field advantages and they have some of the toughest players in the comp., I respect the entire line-up (except Chaplin haha) and Dusty should be an All-Australian this season (some of the best prospective talent in the comp). I think this should be a really exhilarating match between two teams who, let's all hope, will be competing for the minor premiership and grand final over the next few years.  :)   

quinny88

Well said power, should be a great game.
I actually have you guys winning by about 30 but it's hard to judge.
We do have a head of steam going but I'm wondering if we have run out of gas with the amazing fight back to get to the finals.
Time will tell I guess.

Nige

Some very good news!

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-03/unlucky-tiger-signs-on

Dave Astbury signing until the end of 2016.  8)

Ricochet

I'm backing you boys in. There's no form like winning form, and you lads have been flying

Kellogscrunchynut

First consecutive finals series in 39 years.

quinny88

Wish we were playing Friday! Not gonna be able to relax all weekend.

Nige

Quote from: quinny88 on September 04, 2014, 05:55:42 PM
Wish we were playing Friday! Not gonna be able to relax all weekend.
I guess the bonus is we'll know who we're gonna play (if we win) and also get to watch one of Norf or Essington lose.  ;D

quinny88

No initial changes.

Jackson, Lloyd and Dea named.

Would think Jacko is the only likely one to come in.
Surprised there's no Vickery on the extended bench although I think it's the right call to stick with Griffiths.

No changes for Port either

Nige

Jacko is has to be a no-brainer, the tough call is who comes out for him.

Toga

Quote from: Toga on September 02, 2014, 05:41:04 PM
I think if Jacko comes back into the team it will probably be for Petterd, otherwise he will sit out imo

Jroo

A fit Jacko would be a lock, but there'd have to be some questions on his fitness.
I reckon he sits out, apart from last week Ricky has been fantastic.

Nige

Well, Jacko just announced his retirement effective immediately.  :o

Jroo

Quote from: NigeyS on September 05, 2014, 12:09:35 PM
Well, Jacko just announced his retirement effective immediately.  :o
Heard some talk about it, a couple of weeks ago but didn't believe it.
All the best Jacko!

powersuperkents

Daniel Jackson has been a fantastic midfielder throughout his career, even this season when fit. The Tigers don't really need to worry about it this week. Unless Boak, Gray, Cotchin or Dusty get unfortunately injured both sides will be able to find adequate cover. I think he was only the emergency anyway, but this is good in the long-run as Gordon or Lennon will gain more experience at earlier stages in their careers  :)   

shaker

Have to admire Jackson for putting the team before his own aspirations well done enjoy retirement