Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

powersuperkents

Quote from: Mat0369 on October 25, 2016, 09:32:10 PM
Whiley's best games at GWS were as a tagger. He couldn't win the pill and his diaposal is poor. If he was to play as an outside mid I'd be even worse.

The Rainbow pick was terrible when we made it and it's even worse now. He struggled to get 15 touches a game at VFL level. If you can't get a sniff of the pill in 2 years in the twos then good luck doing. That draft is going to become the lost draft at Carlton.
All Malthouse's recruitments were horrible - in a few off-seasons he managed to completely flower up the list

Bolton's and SoS have done well by undoing all Malthouse's changes - I think we'll see all the remaining recruits go through attrition (i.e. Daisy etc.)

Mat0369

Daisy and Jones hopefully come of the books at the end of this coming season. I'm pretty sure the pick we traded for Liam Jones became Caleb Daniel

PowerBug

Quote from: Mat0369 on October 25, 2016, 10:25:18 PM
Daisy and Jones hopefully come of the books at the end of this coming season. I'm pretty sure the pick we traded for Liam Jones became Caleb Daniel
After a quick check: Jones for Pick 46. Pick 46 = Caleb Daniel :o
Just your average footy nuffie.
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

elephants

Quote from: tbagrocks on October 25, 2016, 07:50:37 PM
So Paul Stewart has retired, one of the most underrated footballers I have ever seen!

Really cant quite figure out why he wasn't in the starting 22 every week! fantastic utility either end ???

Think fantastic is a pretty big stretch but he was a worker.

Quote from: PowerBug on October 25, 2016, 10:29:01 PM

Ahhhh showere! Poor Carlton

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: elephants on October 25, 2016, 10:53:16 PM
So Paul Stewart has retired, one of the most underrated footballers I have ever seen!

Really cant quite figure out why he wasn't in the starting 22 every week! fantastic utility either end ???

the full forward they traded to you is going okay too :P

elephants

Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on October 25, 2016, 10:55:58 PM
Quote from: elephants on October 25, 2016, 10:53:16 PM

If only we didn't blow the Masten pick :P

RaisyDaisy

THE AFL’S RULE

“Should a club trade its future first round selection, it may not trade any other future selection for that same draft.”

WHAT HAPPENED

â€" Hawthorn traded its future first-round selection to St Kilda on October 14

â€" AFL paperwork after trade period stated Hawthorn on-traded Greater Western Sydney’s future second-round selection to Gold Coast in O’Meara deal

â€" Hawthorn and Gold Coast informed supporters that the deal instead involved the Hawks’ future second-round selection

â€" AFL yesterday said its paperwork was wrong, and Hawks traded their own future second-round selection to Gold Coast, as the clubs stated

AFL’S EXPLANATION

“They traded in the GWS future round two selection first, which meant they had a selection in the round that they could trade out, and they elected to trade out their selection, and keep the GWS selection.

“The AFL has interpreted the rule as that they had to retain a round two and round three selection, after trading out round one, so they had to trade in a round two before they were allowed to trade out a round two.”

PowerBug

I think that's fair enough tbh

Any news on why Geelong have been allowed to tilt and trade out all their first round picks?
Just your average footy nuffie.
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

Nige

Quote from: PowerBug on October 25, 2016, 11:19:07 PM

Any news on why Geelong have been allowed to tilt and trade out all their first round picks?
There was an article on the AFL site about it somewhere, popped up on my FB news feed a week or so ago.

Edit: Found it. http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-10-19/cats-set-to-nab-irish-blue-utility-to-head-the-other-way

QuoteThe Cats had to apply to the AFL for permission to trade their future first-round selection during this year's NAB AFL Trade Period, as they had already traded this year's first-round pick as part of the 2015 deal that landed ex-Carlton defender Lachie Henderson.

Under the rules, clubs are restricted in their trading of future first-round picks to ensure they make two first round selections at the NAB AFL Draft within a four-year period.

However, clubs were reminded the AFL would consider applications to vary the requirements.

So it looks like since they traded their 2016 and 2017 first round selections, they'll have to use their 2018 and 2019 picks. Although, I assume they'd probably be able to acquire another first round pick in 2018, use that and then trade the 2019 pick.

iZander

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 25, 2016, 11:13:24 PM
THE AFL’S RULE

“Should a club trade its future first round selection, it may not trade any other future selection for that same draft.”

WHAT HAPPENED

â€" Hawthorn traded its future first-round selection to St Kilda on October 14

â€" AFL paperwork after trade period stated Hawthorn on-traded Greater Western Sydney’s future second-round selection to Gold Coast in O’Meara deal

â€" Hawthorn and Gold Coast informed supporters that the deal instead involved the Hawks’ future second-round selection

â€" AFL yesterday said its paperwork was wrong, and Hawks traded their own future second-round selection to Gold Coast, as the clubs stated

AFL’S EXPLANATION

“They traded in the GWS future round two selection first, which meant they had a selection in the round that they could trade out, and they elected to trade out their selection, and keep the GWS selection.

“The AFL has interpreted the rule as that they had to retain a round two and round three selection, after trading out round one, so they had to trade in a round two before they were allowed to trade out a round two.”

Mat0369

Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on October 25, 2016, 10:55:58 PM

Pagan used to play him in the ruck. I wish I was kidding.

RaisyDaisy

Geelong have delisted Luxford

Scrads

Quote from: Nige on October 25, 2016, 11:26:08 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on October 25, 2016, 11:19:07 PM

There was an article on the AFL site about it somewhere, popped up on my FB news feed a week or so ago.

Edit: Found it. http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-10-19/cats-set-to-nab-irish-blue-utility-to-head-the-other-way

QuoteThe Cats had to apply to the AFL for permission to trade their future first-round selection during this year's NAB AFL Trade Period, as they had already traded this year's first-round pick as part of the 2015 deal that landed ex-Carlton defender Lachie Henderson.

Under the rules, clubs are restricted in their trading of future first-round picks to ensure they make two first round selections at the NAB AFL Draft within a four-year period.

However, clubs were reminded the AFL would consider applications to vary the requirements.

So it looks like since they traded their 2016 and 2017 first round selections, they'll have to use their 2018 and 2019 picks. Although, I assume they'd probably be able to acquire another first round pick in 2018, use that and then trade the 2019 pick.

They also traded their 2015 pick for Dangerfield. So that's no first round picks for 2015, 2016 and 2017 (currently). I think this means they'll HAVE to trade in a first round selection either in 2017 or 2018 to ensure they have 2 first round picks in the 4 year period 2015-18 (the one they trade in and their 2018 one).