Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

I'm pretty happy with that. There's a possibility we send that pick to GWS for Marchbank with this years second.

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Rusty00 on October 19, 2016, 05:50:01 PM
Quote from: elephants on October 19, 2016, 05:45:27 PM
Quote from: RiOtChEsS on October 19, 2016, 05:44:05 PM
.@GeelongCats utility Billie Smedts will head to @CarltonFC as part of the Zac Tuohy deal. Future first round also heading to the Blues.

Geez... Geelong trading another future first rounder? They're gonna be cooked in 5 or so years time imo.

Quote from: SydneyRox on October 19, 2016, 05:44:40 PM
Smedts + Future 1st Round to Carlton for Touhy

Seems like overs to me....

Don't rate Smedts at all but still feels like overs
Future 1st rounder is overs for Touhy so Smedts was added to even it up :P

Hahahaha Yes!

SydneyRox

Quote from: Rusty00 on October 19, 2016, 05:50:01 PM
Quote from: elephants on October 19, 2016, 05:45:27 PM
Quote from: RiOtChEsS on October 19, 2016, 05:44:05 PM
.@GeelongCats utility Billie Smedts will head to @CarltonFC as part of the Zac Tuohy deal. Future first round also heading to the Blues.

Geez... Geelong trading another future first rounder? They're gonna be cooked in 5 or so years time imo.

Quote from: SydneyRox on October 19, 2016, 05:44:40 PM
Smedts + Future 1st Round to Carlton for Touhy

Seems like overs to me....

Don't rate Smedts at all but still feels like overs
Future 1st rounder is overs for Touhy so Smedts was added to even it up :P

there is also a cats future 2nd round to even it out a bit

elephants

Didn't see the second round going the other way...

Essentially Tuohy + pick 20-26 for Smedts + pick 13-18

Its actually a win to the Cats now imo haha

powersuperkents

OVERS!!!

I thought a 3rd rounder could get the Tuohy deal done tbh

SOS is a gun list manager if he's pulled that off - Smedts was a former first rounder, maybe a change is what he needs (certainly worth the punt imo if you're only trading Tuohy - a decent player but not too hard to replace if you're getting Marchbank and have Plowman)

elephants

Quote from: powersuperkents on October 19, 2016, 06:00:09 PM
OVERS!!!

SOS is a gun list manager if he's pulled that off - Smedts was a former first rounder, maybe a change is what he needs (certainly worth the punt imo if you're only trading Tuohy - a decent player but not too hard to replace if you're getting Marchbank and have Plowman)

Smedts' issues have never been talent or opportunity, his body is shot and clearly not up to the demands of AFL (not his fault just how it is).

As for saying Tuohy is easily replaced with Marchbank and Plowman... Diiiifferent players. Two key defenders vs a rebounder.

Might see Dylan Buckley moved back to his best possie across halfback though?

Nige

Quote from: elephants on October 19, 2016, 06:03:34 PM
OVERS!!!

Smedts' issues have never been talent or opportunity, his body is shot and clearly not up to the demands of AFL (not his fault just how it is).

As for saying Tuohy is easily replaced with Marchbank and Plowman... Diiiifferent players. Two key defenders vs a rebounder.

Yeah, Smedts has been smashed by injuries. Should be interesting to see how he goes at the Blues if given a chance though.

Mat0369

Byrne and Sheean replace Tuohy

powersuperkents

Quote from: elephants on October 19, 2016, 06:03:34 PM
OVERS!!!

I didn't see the second rounder being added which certainly changes things

Plowman was highly regarded as an U18 because of his ability to rebound from halfback despite his height. I haven't actually seen him at AFL level though so I wouldn't be surprised if, like many draftees before AFL, that was a skill he couldn't transfer into the major league though. The same goes for Marchbank because in juniors we had the agility to play as a winger - again, so did Tomlinson and he's one that I've followed who hasn't transferred those skills into his AFL career. 

But I agree, it's preferable the talls act as tall and the small/medium defenders provide the run - so Buckley & Byrne

RaisyDaisy

Even with the 2nd rounder added, I just cannot fathom how a 1st round pick is involved in that trade

GL with Smedts Carlton  ;D

iZander

lol, i really hope you didnt

kilbluff1985

Tuohy was really impressive in the last few games this year when he was let off the leash

still agree is overs though

kilbluff1985

Purple 77

Jesus... that's massive overs for Tuohy IMO

Bill Manspeaker

I really rate Tuohy. watch a lot of Blues games with my Carlton mate and I love watching him play

but if you're getting a 1st you gotta take it