Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rusty00

Quote from: Big  Mac on October 12, 2016, 06:39:04 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on October 12, 2016, 05:46:01 PM
Sigh. After being active for 4 straight years, I guess Melbourne were due for a quiet trade period  :-\

Still, I'm a sucker for more trade drama!

Could also take it as a sign that we have pretty much everything we need to challenge for a premiership  :P Just need to wait
There must be a missing piece to the premiership puzzle though? Everyone has a missing piece. What about Gibbs?

jvalles69

When does free agency end, I'm getting sick of it already lol, so many anti climaxes bound to happen.  This thread is almost 400 pages long, bet there is less than a pages worth of trades actually completed!  :P

Grazz

Quote from: jvalles69 on October 12, 2016, 09:12:52 PM
When does free agency end, I'm getting sick of it already lol, so many anti climaxes bound to happen.  This thread is almost 400 pages long, bet there is less than a pages worth of trades actually completed!  :P

It's the same every year lol.
Hopes built up then crushed, we love to dissect it all and breaks up the boredom.
It's a crazy time.

Football Factory

Just looked through 15 pages of Gibbs discussion 

GoLions

Quote from: Grazz on October 12, 2016, 09:19:27 PM
Quote from: jvalles69 on October 12, 2016, 09:12:52 PM

It's the same every year lol.
Hopes built up then crushed, we love to dissect it all and breaks up the boredom.
It's a crazy time.
To be fair, this started in 2014 aha

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Jay on October 12, 2016, 05:38:09 PM
Quote from: Money Shot on October 12, 2016, 03:29:11 PM
Adelaide aren't giving up Ellis Yolmen or Lyons for you know who ;)

And people like Cameron, McGovern and the crouch brothers aren't going anywhere!

dont have any idea on how this is going to get done ::)
I'd say we'd be willing to part with an Ellis Yolmen or Lyons + a pick. But would be shocked if Brad Crouch or Cameron was traded. Basically because they'd have to want to leave - which I don't see as likely.

Let's use stats to avoid the Crows supporters who wouldn't give up a half eaten Mars bar for Gibbs, and avoid the Carlton supporters who have mistaken Gibbs for Koutoufides the last 5 years. I've scaled the numbers to give Lyons the same TOG% as Gibbs.

Lyons: 24.7 disposals, 3.8 marks, 0.9 goals, 5.4 tackles, 4.3 I50s, 1 goal assist, 11.9 contested, 13.2 uncontested, 67.6 efficiency, 2.5 clangers, 4.8 clearances

Gibbs: 26.8 disaposals, 3.5 marks, 0.8 goals, 5.2 tackles, 4.5 I50s, 0.7 assists, 9.7 contested, 17 uncontested, 69.8 efficiency, 2.9 clangers, 4.7 clerances.

So those are the difference in numbers, seem pretty similar to me. Oh and Lyons is 4 years younger. Does pick 13 bridge the 'gap' between the two players? Of course it does, in fact it is probably far too much. Keep in mind that it was a career best year for Gibbs, whereas really it was Lyons' first crack getting a consistent game. If Carlton want anything more then tell them to get stuffed and enjoy being bottom 6 for the duration of Gibbs' prime, Lyons will probably be better than Gibbs in a couple of seasons anyway. Yes I'd like this deal to happen to really have a crack at a flag during the prime of Sloane, Tex etc. but if it costs more than Lyons and a first round pick, it would just be silly to damage our future that much when if you look at the numbers, Lyons for Gibbs is probably fair straight swap when you factor in age anyway.
Lyons sample size is a half eaten mars bar :P

kilbluff1985

Tom Browne ‏@TomBrowne7  16m
Just to reiterate, as I reported on #7NewsMelb last night, Paddy Ryder wants a trade to @brisbanelions . Shapes as significant trade story

Jay

Has someone got any thoughts on the Gibbs deal? Haven't seen much discussion on it, but I feel like it could be a very interesting situation because I heard that he is still contracted. I was thinking that perhaps Jarryd Lyons might be involved! :o

Nige

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on October 12, 2016, 09:38:34 PM
Just to reiterate, as I reported on #7NewsMelb last night, Paddy Ryder wants a trade to @brisbanelions . Shapes as significant trade story
Huge if true.

GoLions

Quote from: Ricochet on September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM
Thought I'd start something up because a few have popped up today.

Interesting one about Paddy Ryder

2nd time's a charm

RaisyDaisy

You making stuff up KB? Can't see that on his twitter

Sounds like absolute BS  :-X

RiOtChEsS

w0w :o

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Ricochet on September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM
Thought I'd start something up because a few have popped up today.

Interesting one about Paddy Ryder

lul

RaisyDaisy

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Jay on October 12, 2016, 09:40:26 PM
Has someone got any thoughts on the Gibbs deal? Haven't seen much discussion on it, but I feel like it could be a very interesting situation because I heard that he is still contracted. I was thinking that perhaps Jarryd Lyons might be involved! :o
this is news to me :D