Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jvalles69

Quote from: elephants on October 11, 2016, 05:12:19 PM
Quote from: Torpedo10 on October 11, 2016, 04:55:34 PM
Quote from: jvalles69 on October 11, 2016, 04:47:42 PM
Quote from: shaker on October 11, 2016, 04:00:34 PM
Tigers single out Caddy in Lids deal

Hope they want more than that, or Richmond are even dumber than I thought!
Really?

Caddy is quality, a fair straight swap IMO.

I also rate Caddy, and given the injuries that Lids has had of late...

Would screw Geelong though, not only giving away their future picks, also giving away what quality youth they have!!

Don't get me wrong, he's a solid midfielder, but no guts when the going gets tough, lets the big boys do all the work at that stage.  Deledio is a game breaker when healthy, Caddy will just rack up the touches in games against lesser sides, won't bring anything to the table in terms of leadership or game winning ability.  Sounds harsh, but feel its true.

elephants

Quote from: jvalles69 on October 11, 2016, 05:38:58 PM

Really?

Would screw Geelong though, not only giving away their future picks, also giving away what quality youth they have!!

Don't get me wrong, he's a solid midfielder, but no guts when the going gets tough, lets the big boys do all the work at that stage.  Deledio is a game breaker when healthy, Caddy will just rack up the touches in games against lesser sides, won't bring anything to the table in terms of leadership or game winning ability.  Sounds harsh, but feel its true.

Meh, I dont know how much you can read into that. He's only 24, has shown he can push forward and kick goals, former high draft pick. When you're playing under guys like Selwood/Danger sometimes that opportunity to take a game on is not as prevalent.

Could thrive if given the opportunity to lead a midfield group imo!

jvalles69

Quote from: elephants on October 11, 2016, 05:43:33 PM
Quote from: jvalles69 on October 11, 2016, 05:38:58 PM

Really?

Meh, I dont know how much you can read into that. He's only 24, has shown he can push forward and kick goals, former high draft pick. When you're playing under guys like Selwood/Danger sometimes that opportunity to take a game on is not as prevalent.

Could thrive if given the opportunity to lead a midfield group imo!

We'll see then. ;)

JBs-Hawks

Really stepped up in the prelim!

elephants

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 11, 2016, 06:22:03 PM

Yeah he was the only player to let them down on the night wasn't he!

Illustrates my point really, could be a player that thrives when more pressure is on him to perform. Not much ball to go around when Danger and Jelwood combine for 80 possies when the team is spanked.

Further to this, "started deep forward".... He's a midfielder, jesus.

shaker

Quote from: elephants on October 11, 2016, 06:26:14 PM
Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 11, 2016, 06:22:03 PM

Yeah he was the only player to let them down on the night wasn't he!

Illustrates my point really, could be a player that thrives when more pressure is on him to perform. Not much ball to go around when Danger and Jelwood combine for 80 possies when the team is spanked.

Further to this, "started deep forward".... He's a midfielder, jesus.

Agree totally If Lids is chasing a chance at a premiership would not be upset if we landed Caddy in the deal I'm just glad we said no to Motlop

WhatMate

lachie_001

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-trades-2016-blues-target-charlie-cameron-for-bryce-gibbs-trade-20161011-grzunv.html

So sounds like Carlton want pick 13 and quality player like McGovern or Cameron. I think SOS is still high from that mega trade last year. Honestly, please just keep Gibbs. He's. Not. Worth. More. Than. Patrick. Dangerfield.

PowerBug

Quote from: lachie_001 on October 11, 2016, 07:02:21 PM
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-trades-2016-blues-target-charlie-cameron-for-bryce-gibbs-trade-20161011-grzunv.html

So sounds like Carlton want pick 13 and quality player like McGovern or Cameron. I think SOS is still high from that mega trade last year. Honestly, please just keep Gibbs. He's. Not. Worth. More. Than. Patrick. Dangerfield.
When you consider Dangerfield was uncontracted and Gibbs has 3 years left I'd argue differently.
Just your average footy nuffie.
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

TomK

Quote from: PowerBug on October 11, 2016, 07:07:10 PM

When you consider Dangerfield was uncontracted and Gibbs has 3 years left I'd argue differently.
Yeah, the contract is the issue here, something Port supporters would know all about ;D :P

Another thing, last year with all the Danger stuff, the Victorian media was like 'Oh poor Paddy, Adelaide should just let him go, he gave them 8 years of good service, just let him go for free, blah blah blah' and now Gibbs wanting to move home for the exact same reason, everyone is like 'Oh Carlton can not accept anything less than two first rounders, they have to play hard ball, if they can't get a deal done, make him stay'. It's just a flowering joke. I understand Paddy wasn't contracted and Gibbs is but it's funny how their tones change when it's one of their own.

meow meow

Would expect Freo to pass 34 onto the Cats for Kersten. Getting 2 key forwards while moving from 3rd to 7th isn't a bad outcome.

PowerBug

Quote from: TomK on October 11, 2016, 07:15:29 PM

Yeah, the contract is the issue here, something Port supporters would know all about ;D :P

Another thing, last year with all the Danger stuff, the Victorian media was like 'Oh poor Paddy, Adelaide should just let him go, he gave them 8 years of good service, just let him go for free, blah blah blah' and now Gibbs wanting to move home for the exact same reason, everyone is like 'Oh Carlton can not accept anything less than two first rounders, they have to play hard ball, if they can't get a deal done, make him stay'. It's just a flowering joke. I understand Paddy wasn't contracted and Gibbs is but it's funny how their tones change when it's one of their own.
Could say similar about how Crows supporters are acting ;)

The Crows giving up youth would be silly these are some really good players who are good enough to take the next step to get them all the way. They weren't far off a premiership this year it was such a tight season!! They need to get Gibbs without giving away their current players to make it worthwhile Imo.
Just your average footy nuffie.
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

TomK

Quote from: PowerBug on October 11, 2016, 07:36:36 PM
Quote from: TomK on October 11, 2016, 07:15:29 PM

Could say similar about how Crows supporters are acting ;)

The Crows giving up youth would be silly these are some really good players who are good enough to take the next step to get them all the way. They weren't far off a premiership this year it was such a tight season!! They need to get Gibbs without giving away their current players to make it worthwhile Imo.
Hahah true, only some though and they annoy me :P

Agree with everything said there!

fanTCfool

Gibbs has a contract, so we don't have to trade him.
Dangerfield didn't have a contract, so he was gone as soon as he wanted to be.

Gibbs is such an important player to our side, we're not a top side like Adelaide.
Losing a leader will leave a massive hole, so if we can't get what we need then why trade him? Obviously he'll have a very poor few years playing for a team he no longer wants to be with, Cam McCarthy style, but if we throw him away for chips, we won't bounce back like Adelaide did losing Dangerfield, we're not a strong enough side.

The reason Adelaide don't want to pay up for Gibbs is simply because he won't be as important to their side as he is to our side.

Jukes