Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomK

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on October 11, 2016, 02:20:22 PM

Midfielder Jarryd Lyons will travel to Melbourne this week to work through his options, but his manager says he still intends to stay with Adelaide. 

Six clubs, both in Victoria and other states, have contacted Lyons's management to check on his status during the NAB AFL Trade Period. 

The 24-year-old has been linked to Carlton as part of discussions to send Bryce Gibbs to the Crows, but it is now unlikely he will be part of that deal.

He has been offered a contract to stay with Adelaide but was not satisfied with the club's initial offer and is exploring other opportunities.
Interesting, there was talk of the Suns being interested, perhaps Lyons to the Suns for an early-mid 20's pick since they have so many. Then 13, that pick and Grigg as steak knives maybe? I don't know, this deal is too hard to predict.

TomK

Quote from: elephants on October 11, 2016, 02:47:58 PM
Quote from: lachie_001 on October 11, 2016, 02:43:29 PM
Quote from: RiOtChEsS on October 11, 2016, 02:17:49 PM
Quote from: elephants on October 11, 2016, 02:10:58 PM
Quote from: Holz on October 11, 2016, 02:07:34 PM
Quote from: _wato on October 11, 2016, 02:05:07 PM
Gibbs is a weird one, started his career like a house on fire then went missing for 3/4 years and then went nuts this year

If you rate him on his year just gone you'd say 13 + Lyons is about right

However previous years you'd say a late first round might be fine

he did start insane then fall away abit but his 2014 was pretty good.

I think really only 2015 he had a bad year, his other years were decent enough.

much better then punting on the draft with pick 16.

This is the thing, could be a no-namer you pick up for Gibbs who probably has 4-5 years left...

13 + Lyons would be fine, but if I was Adelaide I'd be prepped to offer even more to get it done.
McLovin Jr and Lyons
Rucci throwing up McGovern and BCrouch as a sweetener to pick 13 lol, wouldn't even straight swap bcrouch for gibbs and no chance McGovern he's going to be a star.

Its a good job you're not an AFL trade manager haha, you've gotta give some to get some!
Not Crouch or McGovern though. Either of them along with 13 would be way overs. I wouldn't even want the the club to do a straight swap with either.

lachie_001

Quote from: shaker on October 11, 2016, 02:36:34 PM
Have Carlton been offered pick 13 and Lyons or just pick 13 ? because Lyons will be grabbed by another club in a heartbeat , if the Crows have to start using future picks as well they may as well chase Rockliff or Mitchell which IMO are exactly the type of mids that they need
I think they've offered Lyons an insulting contract to push him out in the Gibbs deal. But I think he genuinely would prefer to stay with Adelaide. Grigg could be a chance, but Carlton supporters might want to remember that we won 16 games in H&A season and had relatively no injuries, so when you perform to that standard blokes in the SANFL find it really hard to crack into the side. Blokes like Grigg and CEY would consider themselves very unlucky because they have absolutely killed it in the SANFL and would play regular AFL footy in other clubs.

Also Lyons is no fringe player, in most Adelaide supporters opinions, and mine personally, I was very frustrated with the club earlier in the year for dropping him.

Jay

Anything more than 13 + Lyons and I'd have to seriously think about whether I want us to do it or not.

13 + Lyons is a fair offer and you either severely underrate Lyons or overrate Gibbs if you don't think so imo.

lachie_001

Gibbs is a weird one, started his career like a house on fire then went missing for 3/4 years and then went nuts this year

This is the thing, could be a no-namer you pick up for Gibbs who probably has 4-5 years left...

13 + Lyons would be fine, but if I was Adelaide I'd be prepped to offer even more to get it done.
McLovin Jr and Lyons
Rucci throwing up McGovern and BCrouch as a sweetener to pick 13 lol, wouldn't even straight swap bcrouch for gibbs and no chance McGovern he's going to be a star.

Its a good job you're not an AFL trade manager haha, you've gotta give some to get some!
Yes you have to give something, but you don't giving away your future stars for 28 year olds. Pick 13 + Lyons is more than fair. And on trade radio, most have valued Gibbs as being worth only pick 13.

Koop

I'm of the opinion that Carlton should play hardball and ask for two first rounders. Treloar was worth that, even though Gibbs is older, he is on contract and should be worth about the same imo. 13 + Lyons is okay but Carlton need to get a future rejuvenation out of this.

elephants

Quote from: lachie_001 on October 11, 2016, 02:56:28 PM

McLovin Jr and Lyons

Yes you have to give something, but you don't giving away your future stars for 28 year olds. Pick 13 + Lyons is more than fair. And on trade radio, most have valued Gibbs as being worth only pick 13.

Well, 27, but okay.

Does Lyons want to go? Do Carlton want Lyons? Its not as simple as you're making it out to be.

Sure Gibbs wants to go home, but he's contracted so if the Crows don't satisfy Carlton then they will just keep him and let him walk to Adelaide and cop the AFL compensatory pick for him (which will probably be a first rounder if flowering Vickery gets a second). By which time Gibbs will be olllllllld and worth shower all.

Not as good as Lyons + N13? Sure. But they could well make a stand here, and you gotta understand they don't have zero leverage.

iZander

Quote from: Koop on October 11, 2016, 02:59:22 PM
I'm of the opinion that Carlton should play hardball and ask for two first rounders. Treloar was worth that, even though Gibbs is older, he is on contract and should be worth about the same imo. 13 + Lyons is okay but Carlton need to get a future rejuvenation out of this.

Well Gibbs isnt close to Trelour imo but i tend to agree thats what they should ask for, given adelaide will be very keen to get him and probably pay overs!

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: shaker on October 11, 2016, 02:36:34 PM
Have Carlton been offered pick 13 and Lyons or just pick 13 ? because Lyons will be grabbed by another club in a heartbeat , if the Crows have to start using future picks as well they may as well chase Rockliff or Mitchell which IMO are exactly the type of mids that they need

Ya kidding right? Sloane, crouch x2, thompson are all exactly the same type of mids as mitchell and rockliff. Gibbs is the unique ball carrying penetrating polish youd want to complement your bulls doing the grunt.

AaronKirk

If Richmond are to send Deledio to Geelong they want Josh Caddy to be part of the deal.

Caddy is good mates with Prestia.

elephants

Quote from: meow meow on October 11, 2016, 03:08:24 PM
Gibbs can't just walk to the Crows after next year. He's got 3 years left on his contact.

Yeah who said he could?

lachie_001

Quote from: elephants on October 11, 2016, 03:03:10 PM
Quote from: lachie_001 on October 11, 2016, 02:56:28 PM

McLovin Jr and Lyons

Well, 27, but okay.

Does Lyons want to go? Do Carlton want Lyons? Its not as simple as you're making it out to be.

Sure Gibbs wants to go home, but he's contracted so if the Crows don't satisfy Carlton then they will just keep him and let him walk to Adelaide and cop the AFL compensatory pick for him (which will probably be a first rounder if flowering Vickery gets a second). By which time Gibbs will be olllllllld and worth shower all.

Not as good as Lyons + N13? Sure. But they could well make a stand here, and you gotta understand they don't have zero leverage.
And Adelaide don't have zero leverage either because if Carlton don't deal with us for pick 13, Carlton will be losing pick 5 as part of the Marchbank deal. Start of next season he will be 28. So yes he is a good player but Carlton are in a rebuild and they will only get another 4 quality years out of Gibbs, so isn't worth much more than pick 13. So provided Adelaide can convince Lyons to leave to Carlton, I would take that deal.

Money Shot

I can't see why Carlton wouldn't want Lyons! He is really under rated over here in Vic! He is a solid player and pick 13 would probably be about right if he wasn't a contracted player!

lachie_001

Quote from: Money Shot on October 11, 2016, 03:21:28 PM
I can't see why Carlton wouldn't want Lyons! He is really under rated over here in Vic! He is a solid player and pick 13 would probably be about right if he wasn't a contracted player!
Exactly so if Carlton can get Lyons as part of this deal, that is win for Carlton because in the long run, they'll add Lyons who is better than Kerridge if that helps Carlton supporters compare. They get to keep 5 and use 13 to get Marchbank and probably Stewart and Pickett.