Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaisyDaisy

6-8 Hawks are being discussed in the JOM deal

Ashcroft wouldn't reveal names, but sounds like Hawks have 6-8 they would entertain trading for JOM

Hawks have denied Bruest will be traded, although his name would be one of the 6-8

(Obviously not 6-8 for JOM, but 1 or 2 of a possible 6-8)

Mat0369

Quote from: Ricochet on October 10, 2016, 01:42:41 PM
#13 + Lyons overs?

Maybe Henderson instead of Lyons

If Carlton take that I would be extremely disappointed. There is no way that deal is worth anything near what Gibbs is worth and he is a contracted player on a good deal. SOS better be telling them to F off if that's the best he can do, I'd rather sit him on the sideline until his contract runs out.

Quote from: meow meow on October 10, 2016, 01:40:28 PM
Could see it on his face that he was just sick of losing after he gives 100%. I am pretty sure that the swans game was when he decided he's had enough. His form dropped a little but he will be huge for a winning team like the Crows.

It's to do with his missus apparently, she wants to go home since she is from Adelaide. I'm assuming since they just had a kid that has a bit to do with it as well, otherwise why would he knock back a larger offer to sign on until 2019?

Ricochet

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 10, 2016, 06:35:18 PM

Ashcroft wouldn't reveal names, but sounds like Hawks have 6-8 they would entertain trading for JOM

Hawks have denied Bruest will be traded, although his name would be one of the 6-8
I'm gonna go with Isaac Smith being the one that is used

kilbluff1985

iZander

Quote from: Ricochet on October 10, 2016, 06:36:44 PM

Ill be annoyed if Hawks get the overvalued currency of Hill and Smith.....

Mat0369

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on October 10, 2016, 04:58:00 PM
wonder how close next years 1st round pick maybe + this years pick 35 would get Lids for Geelong

They can't, you have to take a minimum of two picks in the first round in a  4 year period using the future trading system. Geelong have no picks to trade since they gave away 2 first last year so it has to be players or recoup picks from elsewhere.

They must be trying to load up on players in that deal because if they expect to get Mitchell as well they will need to give up a first. The thing is who are they offering up? Hill is part of a separate deal, apparently no to Breust, Sicily is one they are talking about, I'm assuming they are looking at offloading a lot of fringe guys like Litherland, Langford, Brand and a couple of others that are out of contract but they aren't going to net you much. Smith and Hartung are probably aren't in the mix since they are losing Hill.

Scrads

Quote from: iZander on October 10, 2016, 06:39:47 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on October 10, 2016, 06:36:44 PM

Ill be annoyed if Hawks get the overvalued currency of Hill and Smith.....

Out of all the players who actually have currency and are regulars in our side, Isaac is probably the one I'm most happy with leaving to get these deals over the line.

Gigantor

Quote from: Mat0369 on October 10, 2016, 06:42:04 PM
wonder how close next years 1st round pick maybe + this years pick 35 would get Lids for Geelong

They can't, you have to take a minimum of two picks in the first or 2nd round that are your own with the future trading system. Geelong have no picks to trade since they gave away 2 first last year so it has to be players or recoup picks from elsewhere.

They must be trying to load up on players in that deal because if they expect to get Mitchell as well they will need to give up a first. The thing is who are they offering up? Hill is part of a separate deal, apparently no to Breust, Sicily is one they are talking about, I'm assuming they are looking at offloading a lot of fringe guys like Litherland, Langford, Brand and a couple of others that are out of contract but they aren't going to net you much. Smith and Hartung are probably aren't in the mix since they are losing Hill.

Just had this discussion at work, struggling to see how Hawthorn are going to find the currency to get both of them with out giving up a genuine A grader. Especially Mitchell, its not like Sydney have any glaring gaps in their line up that needs filling, maybe another tall defender to support Grundy and Allir but they aren't super desperate.

powersuperkents

Quote from: Mat0369 on October 10, 2016, 06:42:04 PM

They can't, you have to take a minimum of two picks in the first round in a  4 year period using the future trading system. Geelong have no picks to trade since they gave away 2 first last year so it has to be players or recoup picks from elsewhere.

VICKERY to the SUNS anybody?  ;)

TomK

Quote from: Mat0369 on October 10, 2016, 06:35:58 PM
#13 + Lyons overs?

If Carlton take that I would be extremely disappointed. There is no way that deal is worth anything near what Gibbs is worth and he is a contracted player on a good deal. SOS better be telling them to F off if that's the best he can do, I'd rather sit him on the sideline until his contract runs out.
What would you want then?

Mat0369

Quote from: Gigantor on October 10, 2016, 06:48:21 PM
Just had this discussion at work, struggling to see how Hawthorn are going to find the currency to get both of them with out giving up a genuine A grader. Especially Mitchell, its not like Sydney have any glaring gaps in their line up that needs filling, maybe another tall defender to support Grundy and Allir but they aren't super desperate.

Guys like Brand aren't going to get the deal done. Are they willing to part with someone like Ben Stratton? Stratton and next years first probably gets them closer but it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Quote from: TomK on October 10, 2016, 06:49:49 PM

Eddie Betts!

Seriously though, there isn't much Adelaide can offer, pick 13 is too low and the scraps of guys like Grigg, Lyons etc. aren't getting it done. Also we aren't trading for Henderson who is a FA like someone mentioned earlier. Just wait until he becomes a delisted FA then pick him up.

It's likely to be a 3 way deal the more I think about it if it is true. GWS send us Marchbank and Stewart, Adelaide send us a player, Carlton send Gibbs and Adelaide send pick 14 to GWS.

RaisyDaisy

I reckon Pick 14 + another pick (2nd rounder, future pick etc) is enough to land Titch

Then send a starting player + something for JOM

fanTCfool

Quote from: TomK on October 10, 2016, 06:49:49 PM
Quote from: Mat0369 on October 10, 2016, 06:35:58 PM
#13 + Lyons overs?

I think Lyons and 13 is as good as we're gonna get, maybe throw in a mediocre pick and pluck Mitch Grigg while we're there.
Very sad about Gibbs' decision but it is what it is unfortunately.
Hopefully 13 will get the Marchbank deal done, rather than giving up Pick 5.

Additionally gutted about Tuohy, I really rate him so it's frustrating to think we'll likely get chips for him.

TomK

Quote from: Mat0369 on October 10, 2016, 06:52:54 PM
Eddie Betts!

Seriously though, there isn't much Adelaide can offer, pick 13 is too low and the scraps of guys like Grigg, Lyons etc. aren't getting it done. Also we aren't trading for Henderson who is a FA like someone mentioned earlier. Just wait until he becomes a delisted FA then pick him up.

It's likely to be a 3 way deal the more I think about it if it is true. GWS send us Marchbank and Stewart, Adelaide send us a player, Carlton send Gibbs and Adelaide send pick 14 to GWS.
Fair enough, it wouldn't surprise me to see a three way deal.

I think you're underselling Lyons a bit though, he had a pretty damn good year. Agree on Grigg not being worth much though.

kilbluff1985

cant be that hard for Crows to get a pick upgrade from someone for a fringe player like 13 + Lyons for a better pick