Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 19, 2016, 10:18:12 AM
Quote from: PowerBug on September 19, 2016, 09:57:23 AM
Who cares if OMeara goes to Hawthorn? Bloke will sit on their injury list for his career anywhere and the Hawks will give up something good for him! Hawks would be much better off going after Tom Mitchell.

They plan on getting both
Mitchell should be number 1. What has OMeara done in his career to get to dictate which club he gets to go to? (flower all is the answer) He hasn't been starved of opportunity like you can say Mitchell has, just been injured. Gold Coast should refuse to trade him imo.
Just your average footy nuffie.
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

powersuperkents

Quote from: PowerBug on September 19, 2016, 11:42:35 AM
Who cares if OMeara goes to Hawthorn? Bloke will sit on their injury list for his career anywhere and the Hawks will give up something good for him! Hawks would be much better off going after Tom Mitchell.

Mitchell should be number 1. What has OMeara done in his career to get to dictate which club he gets to go to? (flower all is the answer) He hasn't been starved of opportunity like you can say Mitchell has, just been injured. Gold Coast should refuse to trade him imo.
He did win the rising star before he got injured...

Nothing against him, but I didn't agree with the votes that year... Wines should have won (I'm sorry, it's irrelevant, but I just have to mention it haha)

Ricochet

I think he's said that GC should have done more to get his knee right. Maybe something happened there. Not sure

Also i don't think he's "demanded" to go to Hawks man. Just said he wants to get there. It happens all the time. If he was leaving on good terms, GC would have asked him where he wanted to go and would have tried to get him there. It happens all the time. But when this happens and a player is leaving on bad terms, everyone jumps all over them

Holz

Quote from: powersuperkents on September 19, 2016, 11:49:21 AM

He did win the rising star before he got injured...

Nothing against him, but I didn't agree with the votes that year... Wines should have won (I'm sorry, it's irrelevant, but I just have to mention it haha)

people were saying JOM could be the greatest player of all time after that first year. Was clearly the rising star it wasnt even close.

nrich102

Yeah, think you might be part of a very small minority with that view PSK. JOM was already the Gold Coasts 2nd best player after just one season.

GoLions

Quote from: nrich102 on September 19, 2016, 01:54:34 PM
Yeah, think you might be part of a very small minority with that view PSK. JOM was already the Gold Coasts 2nd best player after just one season.
Right behind Tommy J ;)

meow meow

Only fools were saying he could be the GOAT. It was barely his first season too. Being at the club, training, eating, living like an AFL player for 18 months prior to his debut puts him in a different category to other first year players. Of course he was going to be better than the usual #1 picks in their first year.

meow meow

Yes, he would have gone at #1 in the draft the next year so that's why I said #1 draft pick.

Scrads

JOM received max votes from all panel members that year EXCEPT Mark Riccuito who put Brad Crouch ahead of him haha.

Hawks will be smart about it, they'll make his contract performance based and that he has to reach certain KPIs before earning the big bucks (namely, games played).

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Koop on September 11, 2016, 09:25:32 PM
Rumour floating around that both Will Hams & Shaun Edwards were told they were delisted by the Bombers after today's VFL game.

Edwards delisted today

Ricochet

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 19, 2016, 07:43:39 PM
Rumour floating around that both Will Hams & Shaun Edwards were told they were delisted by the Bombers after today's VFL game.

Edwards delisted today
"sKoop McClure"

Purple 77

Brisbane after Lynden Dunn apparently.

Would be a great get for the Lions, it was through a lack of changing to a new game style that stopped him getting games (i.e. playing on and taking risks). He's still a very handy player that I've been disappointed Melbourne have put on the outer.

Koop

Quote from: Ricochet on September 19, 2016, 07:46:27 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on September 19, 2016, 07:43:39 PM

Edwards delisted today
"sKoop McClure"
;)

Nige

Quote from: Purple 77 on September 19, 2016, 09:59:47 PM

Would be a great get for the Lions, it was through a lack of changing to a new game style that stopped him getting games (i.e. playing on and taking risks). He's still a very handy player that I've been disappointed Melbourne have put on the outer.
He looked like he was still very capable for Casey on the weekend, honestly reckon he'd be a good pick up for any club after a player of his kind.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Nige on September 19, 2016, 10:26:47 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on September 19, 2016, 09:59:47 PM

He looked like he was still very capable for Casey on the weekend, honestly reckon he'd be a good pick up for any club after a player of his kind.

I've always been a fan of Dunn. Not an amazing defender, but rebounds well and is versatile

Would be a good fit for Brisbane, and he shouldn't be playing in the VFL anyway - he's good enough for AFL imo