Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

Quote from: Ricochet on September 01, 2016, 05:42:04 PM
Caleb Marchbank has requested a trade to Carlton

Fixed. He and Tomlinson will be in Navy Blue next year.

meow meow

^ Been a bit of talk about Ahern wanting to come back to Vic.

meow meow

Quote from: meow meow on July 14, 2016, 07:02:41 PM
Carlton looking to do another bulk deal with GWS to get Tomlinson, Hoskin-Elliott and Ahern.

Marchbank looking to return to Vic, Saints and Demons (TMac replacement) keen.

Saints still keen, it's why Fisher and Dempster haven't been signed yet. Dempster should sign regardless though.

meow meow

He signed a 6 year contract last season now they're thinking of trading him? Haha what idiots.

fanTCfool

Surely just a kick up the arse?

TomK

Wouldn't mind if we had a go at him tbh

elephants

Quote from: TomK on September 01, 2016, 11:04:44 PM
Wouldn't mind if we had a go at him tbh

I quite like him too but we're no chance cause he's Vic scum

nrich102

Anyone know what Cam McCarthy's up to these days?

Mat0369

Quote from: elephants on September 01, 2016, 11:06:09 PM

He's from SA.

Cloke also saying he doesn't want to leave Vic and play in a winning team. So that rules Richmond out according to him with the Dogs the preferred team. Judd called it early this year.

elephants

Quote from: nrich102 on September 01, 2016, 11:25:31 PM

Has been in talks with Freo but from what Ive heard this mental stuff is bigger than we thought.

Quote from: Mat0369 on September 01, 2016, 11:28:12 PM
Quote from: elephants on September 01, 2016, 11:06:09 PM

He's from SA.

Cloke also saying he doesn't want to leave Vic and play in a winning team. So that rules Richmond out according to him with the Dogs the preferred team. Judd called it early this year.

Ah my bad

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: nrich102 on September 01, 2016, 11:25:31 PM

Read earlier today that still looking to move to Freo come seasons end

nrich102

Cheers guys, Hope it all works out for him  :)

powersuperkents

Port shouldn't have signed Hartlett for such a long time period...

Ziebell and a few other players have been signed on comparable deals and it hasn't affect their performances...

However, Hartlett has lazed off ever since he received that job security - Richmond and Nth Melbourne were waiting for him to become a free agent with offers of approx. $750-850k per season rumoured. If he performed like he did this season, assuming Port didn't extend, those offers would have certainly been reduced by a fair extent. 

I don't think any club would consider it worth their time to trade for him, he's seriously disappointed everyone this season, and Port have all the leverage. Port will certainly only release him for a lopsided deal (unless they are paying him way too much and it's interfering with the salary cap), so I think most clubs would justifiably perceive it to be a waste of time. Better for Port to hold onto him for another year and seeing if he can recapture that 2014-15 form (because this year was a huge step back for him - in fact, his worst if you exclude his first two seasons).

He's usually one of my favourites, but this season he was probably the bottom of the list (another issue could be the fact Hinkley was playing him in half-back rather than the midfield)

shaker

Quote from: powersuperkents on September 02, 2016, 12:14:13 PM
Port shouldn't have signed Hartlett for such a long time period...

Ziebell and a few other players have been signed on comparable deals and it hasn't affect their performances...

However, Hartlett has lazed off ever since he received that job security - Richmond and Nth Melbourne were waiting for him to become a free agent with offers of approx. $750-850k per season rumoured. If he performed like he did this season, assuming Port didn't extend, those offers would have certainly been reduced by a fair extent. 

I don't think any club would consider it worth their time to trade for him, he's seriously disappointed everyone this season, and Port have all the leverage. Port will certainly only release him for a lopsided deal (unless they are paying him way too much and it's interfering with the salary cap), so I think most clubs would justifiably perceive it to be a waste of time. Better for Port to hold onto him for another year and seeing if he can recapture that 2014-15 form (because this year was a huge step back for him - in fact, his worst if you exclude his first two seasons).

He's usually one of my favourites, but this season he was probably the bottom of the list (another issue could be the fact Hinkley was playing him in half-back rather than the midfield)

How much was his contract worth ? pretty sure clubs would not want to be paying him to much after this season