Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AaronKirk

Quote from: Toga on October 20, 2015, 09:28:22 PM
Quote from: AaronKirk on October 20, 2015, 08:15:09 PM
Apparently Carlton have rejected pick 19 for Chris Yarran. What the flower do they think he is worth. He is probably worth that, none more on his form from last year where he just looked as if he didn't want to be there.

This. Yes he has talent, yes he's more proven than a pick, but just look at what players have been traded for once they decide they want to move clubs. Pick 12 is by far overs, and I think even though Pick 19 is probably around his true worth that's still Carlton getting a good deal given the circumstances.

The more I think about it Hawthorn probably would offer one of pick 15 or 18 for Yarran which is why Carlton would reject Richmond's offer.

Means really Richmond have to offer more than pick 19 to get him.

Pick 19 is probably what a fair offer is worth but you have to pay what the market is offering.

I hope Carlton push for a 1st round pick from the Crows in the deal for Menzel. If they give Menzel for Kerridge and 28 they would be getting shafted massively.

Money Shot

Quote from: AaronKirk on October 20, 2015, 09:35:45 PM

I hope Carlton push for a 1st round pick from the Crows in the deal for Menzel. If they give Menzel for Kerridge and 28 they would be getting shafted massively.

I think we aren't really. Yeah Menzel has potential but he doesn't want to be at the club. We could then go 20,21,28 for Tomilson which is a guy we really need, Phillips which is a good back up ruckmen, Sumer and Lamb for depth around the midfield and Plowman who will be a good defender.

powersuperkents

Quote from: Pkbaldy on October 20, 2015, 09:26:26 PM
Quote from: powersuperkents on October 20, 2015, 09:23:09 PM
Quote from: Pkbaldy on October 20, 2015, 08:45:27 PM
And apparently if that trade does go through. Freo could try and include St Kilda into getting McCarthy to Freo.

Saints Lose: Pick 14
Saints Gain: Lachie Weller

Freo Lose: Lachie Weller, 1st of 2016
Freo Gain: Cameron McCarthy

GWS Lose: Cameron McCarthy
GWS Gain: Pick 14, Freos 1st of 2016
Why would GWS agree to that, and wouldn't they just cut St Kilda out and take Weller for themselves in that situation.

It sounds more like you want this trade to happen because you're a Weller fan hahahahaha

Because I don't think Weller would agree to go to NSW? Like who would? It's a showerhole. And Pick 14 and Freo First of 2016, is better than 22 and First of Freos.
I think not trading McCarthy at all beats all your suggestions. GWS have all the leverage and they say they are not trading him. Therefore, McCarthy can quit football and breach his contract (I'm not sure whether he will not be able to be AFL for just the next 2 seasons or whether there's a permanent ban or something) or just suck it up and play for the GWS for the next 2 seasons or until a club makes them an offer that isn't a complete joke (Freo's offer is absolutely ridiculous, if they were serious about recruiting him they would offer a player rather than trying to play mind games - which GWS are just ignoring)

Grazz

Can't see the Crows giving a first round pick for Menzel when they are chasing Francis and Milera in the draft.

Pkbaldy

Quote from: powersuperkents on October 20, 2015, 09:49:20 PM
Quote from: Pkbaldy on October 20, 2015, 09:26:26 PM
Quote from: powersuperkents on October 20, 2015, 09:23:09 PM
Quote from: Pkbaldy on October 20, 2015, 08:45:27 PM
And apparently if that trade does go through. Freo could try and include St Kilda into getting McCarthy to Freo.

Saints Lose: Pick 14
Saints Gain: Lachie Weller

Freo Lose: Lachie Weller, 1st of 2016
Freo Gain: Cameron McCarthy

GWS Lose: Cameron McCarthy
GWS Gain: Pick 14, Freos 1st of 2016
Why would GWS agree to that, and wouldn't they just cut St Kilda out and take Weller for themselves in that situation.

It sounds more like you want this trade to happen because you're a Weller fan hahahahaha

Because I don't think Weller would agree to go to NSW? Like who would? It's a showerhole. And Pick 14 and Freo First of 2016, is better than 22 and First of Freos.
I think not trading McCarthy at all beats all your suggestions. GWS have all the leverage and they say they are not trading him. Therefore, McCarthy can quit football and breach his contract (I'm not sure whether he will not be able to be AFL for just the next 2 seasons or whether there's a permanent ban or something) or just suck it up and play for the GWS for the next 2 seasons or until a club makes them an offer that isn't a complete joke (Freo's offer is absolutely ridiculous, if they were serious about recruiting him they would offer a player rather than trying to play mind games - which GWS are just ignoring)

He'd be shower at freo anyway. Only handy when he takes the 2nd or 3rd best defender... If he was at Freo he'd take the first defender and get slaughtered everyweek. 700k a year for a 2nd tall is retarded

Ricochet

Freo won't let Weller go.

I said it before, I'd rather not get McCarthy then let Weller leave

H1bb3i2d

Quote from: Grazz on October 20, 2015, 10:05:25 PM
Can't see the Crows giving a first round pick for Menzel when they are chasing Francis and Milera in the draft.

Chances of Francis slipping to 9 are 0.

Quote from: AaronKirk on October 20, 2015, 09:35:45 PM
Apparently Carlton have rejected pick 19 for Chris Yarran. What the flower do they think he is worth. He is probably worth that, none more on his form from last year where he just looked as if he didn't want to be there.

This. Yes he has talent, yes he's more proven than a pick, but just look at what players have been traded for once they decide they want to move clubs. Pick 12 is by far overs, and I think even though Pick 19 is probably around his true worth that's still Carlton getting a good deal given the circumstances.

The more I think about it Hawthorn probably would offer one of pick 15 or 18 for Yarran which is why Carlton would reject Richmond's offer.

Means really Richmond have to offer more than pick 19 to get him.

Pick 19 is probably what a fair offer is worth but you have to pay what the market is offering.

By all reports there's about a 1% difference between pick 13 and 20 this year. Far out Carlton, what's a 3 pick upgrade in that range gonna achieve? Just take 19 and get rid of a player that doesn't even appear to look like he wants to be there. Pick 19 may flop, but Yarran won't do anything in 2016 and he'll walk out for a second rounder at best when he's OOC and averaging more missed tackles than stats.

Quote from: Ricochet on October 20, 2015, 10:12:47 PM

Giants won't let McCarthy go, either. If he really hated GWS he wouldn't have signed the extension. His manager needs to pull his head in. (His own, that is).

Ricochet

Quote from: H1bb3i2d on October 20, 2015, 10:15:08 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on October 20, 2015, 10:12:47 PM

Giants won't let McCarthy go, either. If he really hated GWS he wouldn't have signed the extension. His manager needs to pull his head in. (His own, that is).
Difference is McCarthy wants to come home, Weller has already come out saying he wants to stay.

Like i said, don't want McCarthy if he's going to cost a player like that

Pkbaldy

Yeah I don't see Francis slipping at all mate. Can assure you WILL go in the first 5 picks (Excluding live bidding for academies).
Realistic picks I reckon at the moment would be, 9- Milera ,Explosive Midfielder who loves a goal and 13- Harry McKay, 2m Fwd who can also do ruck stints, which will put A LOT of pressure off Jacobs in the future.

Grazz

Quote from: H1bb3i2d on October 20, 2015, 10:15:08 PM

Chances of Francis slipping to 9 are 0.

Probably not but one can hope.

powersuperkents

@Rico & Pk

I completely agree. McCarthy is not a 1st tall and would be slaughtered if he moved to Freo - obviously why Freo are not willing to part with anything significant to secure him. The same problem would have occurred if Freo got Schulz (same sort of forward) and I've seen the problem with Schulz on many occasions (Schulz is athletic, runs free, and dives towards the ball - so McCarthy lacks those features that could make him serviceable as first tall).

Freo really need to look for a player comparable to Pav imo, but these players rarely leave their clubs so Taberner & Apeness seem to be the players to focus on for now.

meow meow

Michael Talia up at Sydney getting a medical. There's talk that we're just going to delist him and the Swans will get him for nothing as a delisted free agent.

Nige

Apparently Bewick's met with North and could be a part of the deal to get Bastinac to the Lions.

Grazz

Quote from: powersuperkents on October 20, 2015, 10:46:10 PM
@Rico & Pk

I completely agree. McCarthy is not a 1st tall and would be slaughtered if he moved to Freo - obviously why Freo are not willing to part with anything significant to secure him. The same problem would have occurred if Freo got Schulz (same sort of forward) and I've seen the problem with Schulz on many occasions (Schulz is athletic, runs free, and dives towards the ball - so McCarthy lacks those features that could make him serviceable as first tall).

Freo really need to look for a player comparable to Pav imo, but these players rarely leave their clubs so Taberner & Apeness seem to be the players to focus on for now.

Would Fyfe and Bennel rotating through there help him out by demanding the #1 defender goes to them or not.

powersuperkents

Quote from: Nige on October 20, 2015, 10:51:24 PM
Apparently Bewick's met with North and could be a part of the deal to get Bastinac to the Lions.
Interesting, North really wants to bolster their forward line but I'd put Anderson ahead of Bewick (already had limited opportunities in Brisbane and won't break into North's defence or midfield). Don't know why the Roos would want him tbh - he's a good mark but he would not be starting 22 material at the Kangas (Bastinac arguably isn't either though)