Main Menu

Off Season Trade Rumours

Started by Ricochet, September 01, 2014, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

BIG News unfolding between Adelaide and Carlton.

AFL's Mitch Cleary is reporting that Carlton will send Troy Menzel to the Crows, who will send Sam Kerrridge and pick 28 the way of the Blues.

Jay

Quote from: Nige on October 20, 2015, 03:08:56 PM

AFL's Mitch Cleary is reporting that Carlton will send Troy Menzel to the Crows, who will send Sam Kerrridge and pick 28 the way of the Blues.
:o

Big Mac

powersuperkents

Quote from: Jayman on October 20, 2015, 03:13:54 PM

:o
What!

Troy Menzel is injury prone. But a win nevertheless for the Crows managing to pull that off (bigger than the Swans pulling off the Sinclair snatch imo)

Purple 77

Pkbaldy

Quote from: TomK on October 20, 2015, 11:23:47 AM
According to BF, Troy Menzel is having a medical at Adelaide and apparently the poster has good sources inside Carlton :o

Hard to do a medical in Bali :P And by the time he gets back he'll be 5kg heavier and sleepy. Unless they'll do the trade anyway.

Still not worth from Carlton's point of view. Kerridge isn't even good. Kerridge + 13 for Menzel + 3rd would be better suited for Carlton.

Nige

Quote from: Pkbaldy on October 20, 2015, 03:23:39 PM
According to BF, Troy Menzel is having a medical at Adelaide and apparently the poster has good sources inside Carlton :o

Hard to do a medical in Bali :P And by the time he gets back he'll be 5kg heavier and sleepy. Unless they'll do the trade anyway.

Still not worth from Carlton's point of view. Kerridge isn't even good. Kerridge + 13 for Menzel + 3rd would be better suited for Carlton.
There was another post suggesting Kerridge + 13 for Menzel + 21 or something.  :o

powersuperkents

"Who blinks first in Dixon stand-off?

Charlie Dixon's move to Port Adelaide continues to be held up by Gold Coast's demands of more than pick 10 for the powerful key forward.

But Dixon could leave the Suns empty-handed if a solution can't be found, with the Adelaide Advertiser reporting the big man is willing to enter the pre-season or national draft to get to Alberton.

Dixon is reportedly set to sign a five-year deal with the Power after playing 65 games and booting 94 goals for the Suns."

What exactly happens in that situation? Obviously Port has pick 10 in the PSD so there are 9 clubs that could select him before that. Would the 9 clubs refrain from picking him (like with Tippett) because picking a player who doesn't want to play for them will be futile and a waste of time - plus the backlash they may receive PR-wise.

or would Dixon refuse to sign the contract if another club attempted a low-integrity move - what would happen after that (e.g. a two year ban or a year to wait for the next draft)?

I think the Suns will be set to fold very soon (Port have not been ripped off since Hinkley was appointed coach - in fact the Polec, Ryder, & Toumpas trades were arguably all very lopsided despite the fact Essendon & Brisbane made the best out of a bad situation with the subsequent Nat picks and selected strong prospects).

TomK

That is an absolute steal! Surely Carlton aren't that stupid but then again, Trigg is there ;D

Hahaha is he in Bali?

If this trade is a possibility and Carlton demand 9 or 13, we will probably just walk away. We aren't trading them.

powersuperkents

Quote from: Nige on October 20, 2015, 03:28:59 PM

There was another post suggesting Kerridge + 13 for Menzel + 21 or something.  :o
I thought Carlton would want to keep their draft picks for the F/S prospects this season, or have most of them nominated for the National draft?

I was under the impression that there were 3-5 potential F/S draftees for the Blues this year

Nige

I'm fairly sure SOS is smart enough to keep Menzel.

I like Kerridge and reckon he'd benefit from a fresh start but surely Carlton wouldn't?

TomK

Sam Landsberger âœ" @SamLandsberger
Troy Menzel was scheduled to meet Adelaide on his return home from Bali. Time running out but a trade back to SA not out of the picture.

TomK

Quote from: Nige on October 20, 2015, 03:28:59 PM

I'd do this and then try and package 21 + 28 to someone to move back in the first round.

elephants

I don't mind that deal, although I like Kerridge and I think Menzel is disgustingly injury prone and overrated :P

Pkbaldy

Quote from: TomK on October 20, 2015, 03:33:06 PM
Sam Landsberger âœ" @SamLandsberger
Troy Menzel was scheduled to meet Adelaide on his return home from Bali. Time running out but a trade back to SA not out of the picture.

If it goes through. Will probably be the last trade of the week.